Mark Cavendish

pista

He has managed to stay on his bike and get a 10th spot :clap: :clap:

DdIdr_uWkAAIoAF.jpg

That's a good start for him.. now only if he could find his sprint...he was very disappointing at Yorkshire... and he is up against some very fast guys at TOC.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like his mate Cal Crashlow, he needs to rather focus on his riding than running his mouth off.

I am not sure who that is..but we've seen this from Cav in the past, when he isn't winning he is running his mouth off.. won't be long until he starts taking it out on the bike.

That's a good start for him.. now only if he could find his sprint...he was very disappointing at Yorkshire... and he is up against some very fast guys at TOC.

At the Yorkshire, of the 4 days, 1 was only really a sprinters day, the rest of the days were very much for the breakaways and punchers.  He got caught out on the sprint day, there was an incident in the peleton when Cav was near the back, it split in 2 and BMC put the hammer down to try and hand it to GVA knowing that a lot of the sprinters got caught out so .  The guys that lost out never got back on

With all his crashes early on in the season, I don't think he is race smart in his riding yet, needs a few more races under his belt.

Gotta feel for the feisty Manx Missile

Seriaaas illness

Elbowgate

The San Remo Flip

And a whole lot more

If I had half his resilience and half his longevity

Wow

Respect ????????

Will he surpass the almighty Merckx at Le Tour ????????

Who knows

But he's certainly giving it his all

Respect ????????

Edited by 'Dale

• 1 year later...

At least there will be a better vibe there.......cause TDD or whatever they are now called vibe sucks

What would you say is the cause of said vibe.?

Riders or management.?

He is currently pleasing the poms at the London 6 Day. He beat Viviani in a sprint last night and won a few other events but currently his team bit down on the GC, I don't think he will be a factor/

Is the Cav Back?

Edited by kosmonooit

Management

"and will be joining his old coach and mentor"

I was wondering whether some investment in this area was possibly required.

Can't wait to see what happens this year for Cav. Hopefully he's free of the effects of EB and he can get a clear run at some results. He has been written off so many times and so far has been able bounce back and prove people wrong but time is ticking (hey Greipel?) and he's had 2 shocking seasons in a team that seemed to be over everything even before he signed for last year. 

His close knit lead out guys of Bernie H and Renshaw are gone so it's going to be a new set up which by his now admission needs nearly a season to get drilled and be competitive against existing trains. 

He has a solid track season which has been a potent combination from way back when Cav was a teen on the GB program. 

For me it spoke volumes that the day in the 2018 TdF when Cav' rode to finsh the stage despite knowing he was getting DQ'd on the time cut that Rod (on Team Sky at the time) stayed around and went down slightly from the finish line to let Cav' know he was there for him and see him in. It was Ellingworth that used to drill into all the young GB squad that you honour the race.

He is giving himself the best chance to make this season count. If the lead out isn't working we've seen a winter on the track sharpens his freelancer skills and negates that. Ellingworth and Bahrain will follow the Sky principle of giving the athlete what ever they need to solve the problems in front of them and take responsibility for the performance they deliver. The bike though? He's made no bones about the fact that not being on a Spez has put him on the back foot in previous seasons... and just ask Rohan Dennis for this thoughts on the competitiveness of the Merida range. 

The Tour isn't looking ideal for any sprinter as ASO follows the trend of trying to make each day one that could destroy a GC contenders hopes and negate the sprint stages so Eddys record may well be safe. 

What ever happens this year it's going to be fascinating and I hope that one of the sports greatest sprinters can add to his loaded CV.  

From what I am hearing on the BBC's coverage of the London 6 day, Cav is hoping to get on the GB Tokyo Track Olympic team.

He neat Viviani again tonight in the final sprint in the team Madison type race but this is the same as a grand tour stage, right....

Edited by kosmonooit

I don’t see any major wins in his future, sorry. He went to TDD already past his peak speed wise but still had experience/strategy on his side so could still pull off the odd win. I was shocked when they resigned him for 2019.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved watching him in his prime. But these new boys have cranked it up a few notches. He can’t match their power and speed.

Been watching London 6 day, Cav been looking focused and fast on the track and really seems to be enjoying himself.

Every time he goes on track the crownd volume goes up a notch or two and he seems to thrive on it.

Whether time on the track will help with his form, who knows. Can only think his 1 yr contract at BM surrounded with familiar faces and working with Mclaren who he had a close relationship with may work as a catalyst.

Not sure he will win much, but would like to see him at the pointy end of races and go out on a high rather than be remembered based on the last few years.

He is such a big brand presence, so him just showing is face is worth $$$. His 30 (?) TdF wins will always be mentioned, but lets be real he won't be taking any more grand tour sprint stages, there is always an influx of new young fast talent. the shelf life of sprinters is very short, look at his contemporaries they are all gone, gone gone. Even Peter Sagan star is waning.

So the value of his new team its probably just having him there, just hope we wont have all the drama again of him being big upped for wins time and time again.

But he has been drilling it on London but a 20 min team madison or  a derny race is not the same as a  Grand Tour stage.

Lets see though, he has been good to watch in London, Still two more nights btw (its on the BBC)

Edited by kosmonooit