What do u eat on LSD

grab a few small packets of jambos or eatsome mores and then stop and grab an ice cold coke if it works for most of the pros who i train with in the summer then its gotta be worth something....

P.S Jambos helped me finish SA'S after bonking

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Small salty potatoes' date=' jungle bars and jungle oat cookies (the almond & apricot ones)[/quote']

Hey ND - Those jungle oat cookies get another thimbs up here! Me and lil Ben munched away on those at SabieX last year. We alternated between them and PVM bars. Klapped the energy gels towards the end though just for a change ..................

Jokes aside' date=' what is a LSD diet?

Low sugar diet?
[/quote']

Long Steady Distance NOT Long Slow Distance.

The speed depends on your fitness............

What to eat on 5hr rides also depends on what you are used to. Do you regularly do 3,4, or 5hr rides? jut raqmp up what hasd worked for you on the shorter rides.

Low sugar diet?
[/quote']

What to eat on 5hr rides also depends on what you are used to. Do you regularly do 3,4, or 5hr rides? jut raqmp up what hasd worked for you on the shorter rides.

Ha ha, what did I say?  Wink

Low sugar diet?

[/quote']

I still long slow distance, keep your heart rate in zone 1 and 2.  Nothing above 70% of your working Heart Rate.

If you are riding for 5 hours eat whatever takes your fancy, just make sure you eat (and drink).  

If you want to lose weight, eat nothing. Works. Promise (although you do this at your own risk). Then, when you get home, fried eggs on toast with cheese and a good protein/recovery drink (I use Cadence Revive) generally allows you to resume normal functioning...

If weight loss isn't your goal, then take cash and stop at a shop and eat whatever screams loudest at you...

Sean Badenhorst2008-06-02 13:43:44

Do what we runners do and just stop at a shop and get something that takes your fancy on route? The coke is cold and the bread (or whatever) is fresh and not squelshed up from your pocket.

Why you would want to ride around with 6 potatoes in your pocket is beyond me when there is almost a Spar' date=' Woolworths, or Quick shop on every corner these days. 

[/quote']

Not exactly when you're on a MTB.... then you end up squelching lots of food into your pockets because the closest Spar should be very far away Smile

Do what we runners do and just stop at a shop and get something that takes your fancy on route? The coke is cold and the bread (or whatever) is fresh and not squelshed up from your pocket.

Why you would want to ride around with 6 potatoes in your pocket is beyond me when there is almost a Spar' date=' Woolworths, or Quick shop on every corner these days. 

[/quote']

Not exactly when you're on a MTB.... then you end up squelching lots of food into your pockets because the closest Spar should be very far away Smile

Unless you ride the spruit Wink. We were even given free Coke yesterday at a water point for a road race on Jan Smuts Ave.

That is the Coke you drink of course, the guys on the Urban Assault might have got hold of the other type.

Small salty potatoes' date=' jungle bars and jungle oat cookies (the almond & apricot ones)[/quote']

Hey ND - Those jungle oat cookies get another thimbs up here! Me and lil Ben munched away on those at SabieX last year. We alternated between them and PVM bars. Klapped the energy gels towards the end though just for a change ..................

They're great! I had one every couple of hours on each day of Sani2C, but I steer clear of the ones coated in yoghurt... they're pretty messy after spending 4 hours in ones back pocket Smile

Haha IanJ, I'm sure that one can find a variety of substances to eat, drink or snort on the Spruit, hey I even fell into some good sh*t there. The secret is to know who to ask Wink

On rides lasting up to 4 hours i just take an energy bar and some jelly babies maybe a banana. Anything longer i take along sandwiches or fruit cake.

If weight loss isn't your goal' date=' then take cash and stop at a shop and eat whatever screams loudest at you...
[/quote']

Thats the winner!

Eat high GI food with lots of carbs and a bit of protein.