The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Hey guys, I am looking for a set of 3x7 trigger shifters, and also a 1x6 trigger shifter, anybody have anything like that?

Any specific reason you're looking for 3x7? I have some 3x9 bits gathering dust that I'm willing to let go for free to someone willing to collect. Shifters, deraileurs, casette and crankset.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any specific reason you're looking for 3x7? I have some 3x9 bits gathering dust that I'm willing to let go for free to someone willing to collect. Shifters, deraileurs, casette and crankset.

It was for my nephew's bike, it had grip shifters and he was struggling to change gears with them, my brother managed to find some trigger shifters, so the little guy is very happy now

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody in GP have a 10 speed Shimano derailleur they would like to sell?

Road or MTB?

Hi guys, looking for a bb30 bottom bracket to fit a Shimano ultegra crankset on a sworks fact frame, I’m in GP & happy to go wherever necessary to find. Thanks

Anybody in GP have a 10 speed Shimano derailleur they would like to sell?

I might have, not in GP though.

Hey chaps, I’m doing a 1X gravel build and am looking for a 42T Chainring. I had some after converting to a 34T single ring on an old 2X crank but I tossed them! I’m in Durbs so would prefer local, but happy to pay postage.

Hey chaps, I’m doing a 1X gravel build and am looking for a 42T Chainring. I had some after converting to a 34T single ring on an old 2X crank but I tossed them! I’m in Durbs so would prefer local, but happy to pay postage.

What BCD might help?

A Narrow/Wide ring would obviously be ideal, but they’re hard to come by in the current climate. I’m keen to try a ramped ring if need be with a chain guide/derailleur as a guide.

You'll probably need a 1x specific chainring - I tried a 42 tooth off a 3x crank and it kept dropping the chain because of the ramps and pins (unless you're planning on using a front derailleur as a chain guide to keep the chain on). I think it cost me about R200 on Amazon. Edit: I see you already answered that part before I pressed 'post'.

I should still have the XT 42 in my box of things to give away if you want to arrange to get if from Joburg...

Edited by ridr

You'll probably need a 1x specific chainring - I tried a 42 tooth off a 3x crank and it kept dropping the chain because of the ramps and pins (unless you're planning on using a front derailleur as a chain guide to keep the chain on). I think it cost me about R200 on Amazon. Edit: I see you already answered that part before I pressed 'post'.

I should still have the XT 42 in my box of things to give away if you want to arrange to get if from Joburg...

PM sent ????????