The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Hi Guys,

So my son and i have a holiday project to repurpose an old 29er frame into a lamp.

i am short a few bits hope you can help 

i am looking for old non usable damaged or worn parts that i can cut clean paint etc

1) Hollowtec crank ( can have striped threads scuffs i will be cutting it in half)

2) Seat post 27.2

3) Stem 

4) Handlebars 

5) XT or XTR leavers no calipers 

If any one has old damaged parts please DM me

Regards

Please post pics when you done. Sounds like it is going to be pretty damn cool.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

So my son and i have a holiday project to repurpose an old 29er frame into a lamp.

i am short a few bits hope you can help

i am looking for old non usable damaged or worn parts that i can cut clean paint etc

1) Hollowtec crank ( can have striped threads scuffs i will be cutting it in half)

2) Seat post 27.2

3) Stem

4) Handlebars

5) XT or XTR leavers no calipers

If any one has old damaged parts please DM me

Regards

Might be able to help with seatpost, handlebar and maybe a stem.. but only back in Paarl on the 6th of Jan.

Please post pics when you done. Sounds like it is going to be pretty damn cool.

Will post a pic or two as i go along :w00t:  Still need to look at paint color and branding 

today was electrical and carbon wrap the base  :clap:

post-89039-0-28826800-1577188381_thumb.jpg

post-89039-0-67589100-1577188433_thumb.jpg

post-89039-0-79576700-1577188477_thumb.jpg

post-89039-0-23459600-1577188552_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a 26.4mm seatpost similar to this one to finish a restro rebuild project I'm busy with.

Please let me know if you have one available, I'm willing to throw some cash at it.

Looking for a XL or L 26' Mtb frame. Willing to pay up to R1k for the frame.Building a bike for someone whose bike got stolen. Was used for commuting. Got all the other parts, only need a frame with QR rear asseblief?

• 2 weeks later...

Colour and decals done :ph34r: will add the other bits as i get them.

That is awesome. Good Job. Did you go as far as getting that fancy Olympic Spez paint that changed colour as it got hotter?

That is awesome. Good Job. Did you go as far as getting that fancy Olympic Spez paint that changed colour as it got hotter?

Had a look at the Spaz paint but expensive and complicated for me and my non existent spray painting skills. i went with the Focus ST yellow and orange with flake and pearl. 

Tried to get the Tarmac look left the black pin stripe off as it just looks odd

Looking for a XL or L 26' Mtb frame. Willing to pay up to R1k for the frame.Building a bike for someone whose bike got stolen. Was used for commuting. Got all the other parts, only need a frame with QR rear asseblief?

Ive got an old alu GT Zaskar Team frame hanging in my garage. A few years back I stripped the clearcoat and started polishing the frame, but never got around to finishing it so it is currently just has a bare brushed alu finish. The frame is XL, takes 26"wheels and has QR dropouts and disc mounts. If you are still looking let me know. A donation to an animal charity is all I would really want for it, and we would just have to arrange shipping as i'm in JHB.

Busy doing a 'resto-mod' road bike build for a local Christian Charity. They have provided a lot of the parts and I have put together what I have available.

The wheels they provided are old Campag but the groupset is Shimano, need a rear wheel not fussed what or how old.

Also need a 27.2 seatpost and clamp to go with it, again condition and type irrelevant as long as it works

Would appreciate any help with this please, am in the Alberton area ....

Busy doing a 'resto-mod' road bike build for a local Christian Charity. They have provided a lot of the parts and I have put together what I have available.

The wheels they provided are old Campag but the groupset is Shimano, need a rear wheel not fussed what or how old.

Also need a 27.2 seatpost and clamp to go with it, again condition and type irrelevant as long as it works

Would appreciate any help with this please, am in the Alberton area ....

Ive got a cutdown FSA 27.2 carbon post. If it works you can have it with pleasure. How long does it need to be?

Ive got a cutdown FSA 27.2 carbon post. If it works you can have it with pleasure. How long does it need to be?

It's a Gios farm gate of a frame (not 'compact') so cut down should not be a problem [emoji16]

Will PM you

Looking for A clamp for a 31.6mm seat post :)

Think they are 34.9mm, I could be wrong

I should have one for you.

Let me know