The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

3 minutes ago, Damien Engelbrecht said:

Honestly anything will be appreciated!

I have got a set of hydraulic brakes at the moment and that is all!

Thank you for the reply!,

I started a build with just a pair of grips .... all you need to accept is a little patienceĀ šŸ‘

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, thehun said:

Where are you situated

Ā 

Not needed anymore as his bike has been stolen.

Hi Hubbers,

Let me start with a story. I recently met someone while cycling on the mountain. We're friends now and have since gone on a few rides at Tokai, Cape Town. Four years ago he was knocked over by a bakkie with a bullbar while he was commuting from work home on a motorbike. It almost completely obliterated his right leg from the knee down. He almost lost his leg. He is currently 25 years old and is the nicest person you could ever meet and carries such positive energy with him.Ā 

So my request is to find a 29er full suspension frame for him to replace his hardtail. He can transfer all components. He is more enduro, but anything would help. Even though he only started riding for over a year now, he lives for the sport :)Ā , but unfortunately, he's hardtail is killing his leg, though he complains very littleĀ about it.Ā A donation would be great, but we can consider paying something towards it as well. I hope this request does not come across as absurd.

FYI he doesn't know I am posting this.Ā 

Seems a piece of the black rubber strip on my thule aerobars came off somehow, or was nicked. Not really looking to buy a whole set, so does anyone have about a half a length laying around that they not using?

CPT basedĀ :rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, NeverNotRolling said:

Seems a piece of the black rubber strip on my thule aerobars came off somehow, or was nicked. Not really looking to buy a whole set, so does anyone have about a half a length laying around that they not using?

CPT basedĀ :rolleyes:

Is it those, almost elastic rectangular rubbers with square holes? if so I have a set but I am in GP.

24 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Is it those, almost elastic rectangular rubbers with square holes? if so I have a set but I am in GP.

Mmmm no, it's these:

image.jpeg.c543d6fdb47cfe0660583c32cd6f0475.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Sampaj said:

Anyone know where I can get a shimano chain pin?

Pin? Snap pin?

I have 2 Dura-Ace 10speed pins if that's what you are wanting.1666423027766886538332315660923.jpg.68536613bcd47ca14ff5a628b75cbb0e.jpg

6 hours ago, Barry said:

Pin? Snap pin?

I have 2 Dura-Ace 10speed pins if that's what you are wanting.1666423027766886538332315660923.jpg.68536613bcd47ca14ff5a628b75cbb0e.jpg

Thatā€™s Them . How much for both? I see youā€™re in pta. I can arrange a courier to collect. Thanks Barry

5 minutes ago, Sampaj said:

Thatā€™s Them . How much for both? I see youā€™re in pta. I can arrange a courier to collect. Thanks Barry

Hey, you are welcome to them for free. I will never use them only use quick links. Pop me a DM to arrange. Or if you out Sandton side i can get them as far as Sunninghill hospital you can collect in the week.

Edited by Barry

Hi folks,

Anyone have a spare or old 32t or 34t 96bcd narrow wide chain ring lying around that they dont want?Ā 

Willing to part with beer coupons for the chain ring

Ā 

Edited by 117
found the missing bolt that I needed, now its just a chainring

On 10/24/2022 at 8:35 AM, 117 said:

Hi folks,

Anyone have a spare or old 32t or 34t 96bcd narrow wide chain ring lying around that they dont want?Ā 

Ā 

On 10/24/2022 at 8:35 AM, 117 said:

Hi folks,

Ā 

What is the world coming to? How does no-one have one for youĀ šŸ˜„. I have one for you, it is a CSIXX 34T - Round NW (96 BCD) - it does have a few miles on it but I am sure it will still function - look me up