The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

1 hour ago, Theunissa said:

Hi. I'm looking for a 24" or 26"bike thats not in use for my neighbors kid. My kids will be cycling to school from next week. It's 5km. This girl gets a lift with us in the morning. She's quite big and tall for   a 12 year old and I'm guessing 14m +. I need something OK. And that's currently in relative condition. I can keep it serviced through the year. Her mom asked since they can't afford one. So if you have one lying around let me know. Pretoria area. This is north of Pretoria but I can travel all over pta. Thanks

Come and visit me 👍. I am in the East

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, 

I hope someone could help me, my dropper is missing the bottom part of the seat clamp. If anyone has something like this and maybe a bolt 🔩 please let me know 🙏🏻.

I don't mind paying or I also have quite a bit of spares which I don't mind trading.

Thanks 

20230107_174052.jpg

31JRz8M75WL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

Edited by Me rida my bicycle

1 hour ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Hi guys, 

I hope someone could help me, my dropper is missing the bottom part of the seat clamp. If anyone has something like this and maybe a bolt 🔩 please let me know 🙏🏻.

I don't mind paying or I also have quite a bit of spares which I don't mind trading.

Thanks 

20230107_174052.jpg

31JRz8M75WL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

What dropper is that ? Normally for some makes you can get spares

14 minutes ago, madmarc said:

What dropper is that ? Normally for some makes you can get spares

Not sure of the brand. It doesn't need to be an exact match just something close I can make work. Will be going on the hunt on Monday just thought I would ask here in the meantime and maybe get lucky. 

12 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Not sure of the brand. It doesn't need to be an exact match just something close I can make work. Will be going on the hunt on Monday just thought I would ask here in the meantime and maybe get lucky. 

I believe this one will work 

16731592894032524660924608726681.jpg

10 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I believe this one will work 

16731592894032524660924608726681.jpg

Wikus kom maak n draai, ek het n soortgelyke een

Looks like the same part Lyne uses on their 27.2mm post, looking at the top picture.

(Bottom ref pics is a Reverb)

Edited by Alouette3

Looking for 11 speed Shimano derailleur cages, medium and long cage for M7000/M8000 series. Any range Deore etc as long as it fits 

Hi all,

I am in need of some spares to buy or trade. I received an entry to an event in Feb, and the only MTB I have is one of those you buy from a mass retailer (see picture). I have upgraded the following already (seat, seatpost, stem, handlebars, pedals)

I would like to change gripshift to normal shifters, a rear shock and crankset (current crankarms are cheap and bent).

If anyone has any of these lying around, please PM me.

212741_1__1.jpg

12 minutes ago, Kevlouw said:

Hi all,

I am in need of some spares to buy or trade. I received an entry to an event in Feb, and the only MTB I have is one of those you buy from a mass retailer (see picture). I have upgraded the following already (seat, seatpost, stem, handlebars, pedals)

I would like to change gripshift to normal shifters, a rear shock and crankset (current crankarms are cheap and bent).

If anyone has any of these lying around, please PM me.

212741_1__1.jpg

what area are you in, I might have a 3 x Shimano coming out soon.

12 minutes ago, 117 said:

What event are you doing in Feb? And what size frame are you? 

Expedition Africa adventure race (run, bike, kayak) at Legends MX

Large frame

2 hours ago, Kevlouw said:

Expedition Africa adventure race (run, bike, kayak) at Legends MX

Large frame

What sort of miles have you done on said bike or are you just starting out now? 

To be brutally honest with you @Kevlouw & please note that this is my opinion or view:

that bike will put you off riding / competing completely. You will struggle to avg like 13 :oops:. I will even go so far as to offer you a loan bike to train and ride with on the day.