[Event] Hollard JUMA 2018

Kellykazi

Clockwise route for 54 km. The profile is def the wrong way.

Do we really need lights or is it overkill? 2.5 kg of battery I dont really want to lug around

Lights make a big difference - what on Earth do you have that weighs 2.5 kg?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lights make a big difference - what on Earth do you have that weighs 2.5 kg?

Maybe not quite that much

Ok will take the light

Smaller turn out this year. The price and having it the same weekend as the Magalies Monster might have been factors. Either way it was a fantastic event. Lovely way to see part of the city.

Great event. Enjoyed it thoroughly!

It was awesome... Great ride.. an Adventure it was... love the Melville Koppie Sting at the end

Well put together event , the only room for improvement would be the water tables which l think would be easy to sort out . Furthermore it was a jol !

I really enjoyed it. Was nice and clean most of the time. Had 2 slips in the gutters but didn't fall luckily. Saw a chick with pink fall hard and saw someone in the tunnel fall quite hard and then  heard how someone behind me fell his "*** af" on pretty much the same section where the chick fell.

All in all 9/10 race for me. Will do it again next year

It was awesome... Great ride.. an Adventure it was... love the Melville Koppie Sting at the end

No... Just no. My legs were burnt toast at that point

With only 25mins gap between the 72km and 54km start, I cant see us not getting stuck behind them

According to my garmin my elapsed time was 4h50 and my moving time was 4h34 - 16 minutes of standing still at bottlenecks as I did not stop at any waterpoints.

Not as bad as I had originally thought it was going to be.

Punishers came past me at the first climb up to the Redhill school sports centre. The lead motor bike had a fun time trying to get his bike through those obstacles.  :devil:

The sloot was a little rough for the taller people, my neck hurt at the end of the Anatomic tunnel (which was one of the bigger roofs), but hey there you go. At least the light gave me some confidence i was not going to decapitate myself at that drop off in the tunnel. Liked the single track in the koppies and had saved some matches so was nice to cycle all but 1 place where the guy in front of me had to stop due to poor line selection. Sorry to the guys further back with bottle necks but was clear for me.

One moment of unusual interest entering the first tunnel below Ememerntia where nearly saw my ass on the concrete after the metal grid drop in. Took all tunnels easy from there. Very nice beer at the end.

They should have had a photographer at the ramp at the end of the sloot next to the M1 section by Innesfree park, got some nice air there (unexpectedly as i  was motoring)

Will enter Punisher next year as i will be fitter....... :thumbup:

From Facebook the organisers have confirmed that the 72km guys will do the 54km first and then the 22km. But with 22km starting around 09:00 the 72 km guys will be riding the 22km with backmarkers. I think the 22km is more straightforward with no singletrack so passing should be easy.

Really?? That definitely was not the case on Sunday - started with the 22km loop and ended up amongst the 54km field on the spruit. Not ideal - something they need to consider for next year. Other than that, kudos to them on a cool route.

I did not like the 22km loop we started with...boring and thick grass for 80% of the route. Once we turned on the 54km loop it was back to the fun side. I really enjoyed the ride...cramped and suffering up the hills but all worth it. I expected the punisher to be an extension of the 54km..

Won't do the same 22/54 punisher again, and rather enjoy the 54km.  A Lot less bottlenecks all round and less people on route. Can't complain about traffic and the odd bottleneck. Will definitely be back

Was running in the area yesterday and saw no bottlenecks for the guys riding it late yesterday afternoon, haha wonder what entry fee was for them :ph34r: