[Event] Hollard JUMA 2018

Kellykazi

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much info on the website from what I can see.

Looking for some tips as this is my first i.e. where is best place to park, where does one find seeding info as website says it will be sent out via sms on 22/23 May yet I got squat, what time does 72km race kick off - assume 7am per website as it doesn't specify which distance the 7am start is for but assume Punisher kicks off first?

Any other tips/advice that might be useful

Edited by Wet Ears

Not much info on the website from what I can see.

Looking for some tips as this is my first i.e. where is best place to park, where does one find seeding info as website says it will be sent out via sms on 22/23 May yet I got squat, what time does 72km race kick off - assume 7am per website as it doesn't specify which distance the 7am start is for but assume Punisher kicks off first?

Any other tips/advice that might be useful

Not sure about starting times, but as for parking - there are ample space at Marks park on the 2 sports fields. Get there with some time to spare as the roads leading into Marks park gets pretty busy with only 2 entry points. There are normally some pigeon box safes to store your keys etc in.

Get there early enough to enjoy the coffee and vie before setting of on the punisher. Going to be a long day out for the punisher....expecting some serious fun and serious climbing.

Remember to take a bike light with..... it does help through the tunnels.

Oh...and dry clothes for after the event...it gets very wet and very cold 5km in....

Most important - GO HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE

Thanks for useful info guys - looking forward to it - just hoping there is not too much unclipping and dismounting. Seeding and the fact that it is 72kms should be a good regulator for people not having to unclip to go through water!

what direction does the route go? Old pics on website seem to indicate clockwise, but the map on the website has marshal points number anti clockwise.

I did it last year, it was fun but that's it for me.

Those tunnels are too slippery and risky, fell one too many times and maybe next time I won't be so lucky...............

Too slippery for my old bones. Both the wife and I walked out of there with injuries last year. My CSA insurance also does not cover me on the Juma.

Having said that, It was fun and I have entered the young one what bounces a bit better.

I am also very grateful for the upgrades the Juma guys make in the spruit and leave for the rest of us to use until next year.

Will be giving this one another go, even looks like it'll be a nice sunny time over the weekend. The vibe afterwards is always great, it's worth it to treat this as a bit of a challenge and social one with friends and family. 

I have a couple comps on a giveaway if anyone's keen - https://www.instagram.com/p/BjNdYKQnOnO/

What does one have to do to obtain said comp? I think this will be a great ride to recover from the monster...

What does one have to do to obtain said comp? I think this will be a great ride to recover from the monster...

Im thinking about it too..

Will be giving this one another go, even looks like it'll be a nice sunny time over the weekend. The vibe afterwards is always great, it's worth it to treat this as a bit of a challenge and social one with friends and family. 

I have a couple comps on a giveaway if anyone's keen 

I'm also doing the monster so I couldn't spend a grand on one weekend of racing! If it's not for the big big Juma I would be keen? The monster is also a nice excuse to take it chilled and just enjoy the route  :clap:

Edited by Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Y'all just go to my instagriz via the link, tag a mate in the comments and state your riding tip. :) .....

For those doing Magalies Monster on the Sat, if you ride the Juma on Sunday you get a free Mad Giant craft beer and go into a draw for 5k. 

doing monster as well?

Yes, decided to take the plunge and give it another go...

Then this whole week Ive been sick as a fekking dog!  :cursing:

Hoping to be ok by Saturday, if not Im still riding but will just cruise

Yes, decided to take the plunge and give it another go...

Then this whole week Ive been sick as a fekking dog! :cursing:

Hoping to be ok by Saturday, if not Im still riding but will just cruise

You’ll be fine youngster, rub some Vicks on your chest