Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

Not to hijack the topic , but cant understand why more people are not ordering from Amazon ....  

I have been ordering from them since 2003..  "not a typo"

Current order...  Chester Race Face Pedals R 842.00 Landed , Duty Paid and Delivered to My Door ..  

Price on want it all   R1540.00 "Price guaranteed for the next 60 mins"  big whooop !!!

I recently ordered and received a Garmin Edge 520 Bundle ,  extra fittings as well as 3 packs of silicone skin covers with screen protectors for R5300.00 ...   

post-122971-0-14505300-1525610185_thumb.jpg

post-122971-0-67812000-1525610215_thumb.jpg

Edited by HuckNorris

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to hijack the topic , but cant understand why more people are not ordering from Amazon ....

I have been ordering from them since 2003.. "not a typo"

Current order... Chester Race Face Pedals R 842.00 Landed , Duty Paid and Delivered to My Door ..

Price on want it all R1540.00 "Price guaranteed for the next 60 mins" big whooop !!!

I recently ordered and received a Garmin Edge 520 Bundle , extra fittings as well as 3 packs of silicone skin covers with screen protectors for R5300.00 ...

.com or .co.uk?

I have been ordering from them since 2003.. "not a typo"

Current order... Chester Race Face Pedals R 842.00 Landed , Duty Paid and Delivered to My Door ..

Price on want it all R1540.00 "Price guaranteed for the next 60 mins" big whooop !!!

I recently ordered and received a Garmin Edge 520 Bundle , extra fittings as well as 3 packs of silicone skin covers with screen protectors for R5300.00 ...

What I love about them is they take responsibility for the duties and local VAT. You pay the all inclusive price upfront, zero nonsense admin fees or hassle. There is no reason CRC can't do the same

I think I will be trying this Amazon thing.

And there are so many awsome cycling goodies that we dont get here ...  !!!! 

Usual great service from evo bikes. Ordered cassette on Thursday at 14h00. Explained to Chelsea my urgency as needed for sani. She said she would go her best . 10am the next morning it was there . They have my vote with service like that .

Usual great service from evo bikes. Ordered cassette on Thursday at 14h00. Explained to Chelsea my urgency as needed for sani. She said she would go her best . 10am the next morning it was there . They have my vote with service like that .

At what price though i dont mind paying 10-15% more locally.

I had a bike24 order refunded about 2 months back, still haven't even recieved the slip in the postbox so i suspect its lost for good but thats okay i got my money back.

However I placed my order mid jan thinking i'll get it before argus i could've easily bought the parts 2nd hand in what seemed to be good condition but opted for new instead at what would be about the same price.

To date i still dont have the parts i need to finish my 2nd bike which is laying in pieces, topping it all i lost motivation to build it up.

Edited by Malpiet

has anyone returned a parcel to CRC?

What service did you used? hopefully not Skynet :blush:

approximate cost?

(Cycling shoes in the box)

anybody?

approximate cost?

Ironically, Sky Net might be the best people to use seeing as they are contracted by CRC. Though the thought of paying them money for anything sickens me.

In general I've found that shipping anything internationally out of SA to be crazy expensive

Ordered a dropper post from CRC on 24 April.

After many emails to skynet, I finally got my customs invoice yesterday. R639. I feel very ripped off.

R237 for customs vat. R350 for the admin fee and then R52 for vat.

approximate cost?

You may be better served trying to recover what costs you can by selling

locally. If they ship based on volume, a shoe box is unlikely to be a cheap exercise...

approximate cost?

Yup, I sent a crank set back to them. Normal Post Office (SAPO) land mail tracked. Took about 6 weeks. Once it arrive at CRC, about 48 hours for refund.  You can send it airmail tracked, but it is about double the cost.

Land (maybe went via sea I am guessing) Mail for the box, was about 40x30x20cm and 1.5kg cost about R220, airmail tracked would've been about R450.

Edit: Oh, they told me air would've taken about a week.

Edited by Raydek

I have been very happy in dealing with Cicli Mattio out of Italy also. They do not always ship very quickly, it might take them a day or so to get the item because they do not show if it is in stock or not. They use UPS or DHL and in all cases up to now, I’ve been lucky that all shipments came through without any duties or disbursement fees.

On one of my orders they sent me the incorrect BOA, although I ordered the correct one, within 4 days I had the correct item and they said to keep the wrong one because it would be too expensive to return.

https://en.ciclimattio.com/

Shipping with Ems at the Post office is typically much cheaper than any courier service and interesting fact is they charge by weight only, no volumetric, you can download the postal rates booklet which incl Ems from the Post Office website.

Another affordable option is DHL intl prepaid boxes, avail at Postnet and slightly cheaper if you go directly via a DHL branch.