Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

I would HAPPILY pay that for someone else to deal with customs on my behalf (and have multiple times before with DHL).

The problem is that Skynet is seemingly absolutely useless at actually doing that!

Definitely worse off. I also cant understand why you need to pay a handling fee this side over and above the invoice amount and delivery fee

To be clear, that is over and above customs fee and its R200!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SKYNET are F#*%$^ useless. Charge you R230 for paperwork (which is more that my import duties and VAT), deliver to the wrong address after I change the delivery address and receive confirmation email from them that address is changed, their tracking is a day or more behind (parcel delivered and says at "At HUB") and CPT office don't answer the phone (20 minutes on hold).

Based on all of this I will seriously reconsider using CRC in the future, the deal will have to be bloody good to cater for all the additional costs etc.

I have just used Wiggle and ordered two chain rings.

Asked them NOT to use Skynet and NOT to split the order.

Order placed on the 14th June, arrived 20th June. No extra admin fees!

Might be an alternative.

Weird, as Wiggle and CRC sleep in the same bed...

EISH is what I have to say. Ordered yesterday with CRC and seems I'm going to be stressed come claimed delivery date next week Wednesday. Why do we love getting new parts so much that I am omgekrap  after reading this.

Any advice, something I can do in the meantime to ease the process to CPT please let me know? Seems I'll have to arm wrestle the delivery boy when the package arrives to earn my new rims!

Indeed my last order from CRC came via Wiggle according to the invoice.

EISH is what I have to say. Ordered yesterday with CRC and seems I'm going to be stressed come claimed delivery date next week Wednesday. Why do we love getting new parts so much that I am omgekrap after reading this.

Any advice, something I can do in the meantime to ease the process to CPT please let me know? Seems I'll have to arm wrestle the delivery boy when the package arrives to earn my new rims!

My advice.....Lube.... lots of it????

Yes, I know...was pleasantly surprised when Aremex delivered.

Wiggle not always as cheap as CRC, so you need to check. At least there is on Skynet! 

UPDATE: 2, yes twee, days after ordering off CRC with standard "free" shipping, parts are in ZA and I have been contacted to report for shafting by Skynet. Will update how much fun this turns out to be. 

:D  :angry:

Ordered shirt from CRC 2 weeks ago. No tracking info on SKYNET site. Contacted CRC, they contacted SKYNET who said that there's a problem with my address(Been living there for 7 years). Also informed CRC about the ridiculous fees charged by SKYNET and CRC's response was just a lame apology for the delay, nothing about the fees. The shirt now costs more with their admin fees than it would have costed locally.

Ordered shirt from CRC 2 weeks ago. No tracking info on SKYNET site. Contacted CRC, they contacted SKYNET who said that there's a problem with my address(Been living there for 7 years). Also informed CRC about the ridiculous fees charged by SKYNET and CRC's response was just a lame apology for the delay, nothing about the fees. The shirt now costs more with their admin fees than it would have costed locally.

someone, somewhere in the LBS cabal is having a good chuckle at your expense...

Nobody should be complaining here unless you make A real effort to go rate both companies on the relevant sites ( think 2/3 have been mentioned ) 

Facebook should also be used ( instagram and twitter if you're so inclined , 1 or 2 reviews here and there probably won't make much of A difference but if there is A serious spike ( say 30 bad reviews in A single day ) maybe , just maybe some lazy as$hole might get up and do something.

have only ordered once from crc and won't do it again since reading this thread 

R200 admin fee aside, my CRC/ Skynet free shipping experience of late was pretty decent. Delivery took slightly longer due to the truck looting/ burning at Mooi River & the package was re-routed via airfreight. I did not find the service any different, (in fact it was probably slightly better) than previous transactions via DHL 

R200 admin fee aside, my CRC/ Skynet free shipping experience of late was pretty decent. Delivery took slightly longer due to the truck looting/ burning at Mooi River & the package was re-routed via airfreight. I did not find the service any different, (in fact it was probably slightly better) than previous transactions via DHL 

Same story. Was actually very much fine, with a little bit of following up with Dalene from Skynet the parts made it in one day longer than claimed delivery upon checkout.

Worst part of receiving my order was realising I ordered the wrong size pant. Also, I should've listened when you people warned about the high duty on clothing.

Anyways, happy biker. Have parts, will tinker.