Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

^^

above is not comforting... I have a DA gruppo sitting in JHB awaiting clearance with UPS, 2 days now and no feedback from them or an invoice to settle the vat etc.

Going to start chasing them from now.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPS... = USELESS POSTAL SERVICE.

Extremely slow and poor service.

Been following up on an order for a full week now, requested the invoice 3 times for vat/clearing and still dont have anything.

Frustrating!

My experience with UPS has generally been very good.

What was particularly convenient was payment of customs/vat etc on delivery.

Sounding like this may no longer be the case ...

I do suspect though that when it goes wrong it goes horribly wrong.

I did on one occasion have to wait +-3 weeks for delivery but I put that down to the Festive season.

Edited by Thomo

DHL has been great, as always. Amazon orders to me without any issues.

I use DHL for my business also and dont ever run into problems.

Ordered wheels from China, was sent on 6th using RPX, arrived in SA on the weekend and Linex called me this morning for clearing instructions... thats proper service.

UPS, bunch of lies !!

2 different parcels, they claim to have attempted delivery at 2 different times, not a single call from them.

post-67394-0-52163500-1575909069_thumb.jpg

post-67394-0-11462600-1575909220_thumb.jpg

get surveillance setup and if you could prove it they might come to the party quick in the future 

thats too much of a hassle just to get them to do their job properly... in a complex so not possible anyway.

I received other parcels today, 1 from Skynet and 1 from DHL - [not all cycling related btw], so clearly UPS are up to no good. 

It’s a thing????

Don't let them have to knock lol.

They’ll also almost never phone you because the underpaid driver does not have airtime and his employer probably doesnt trust him with a company phone.

A local courier company once non derived....i got a call from a local pizza shop’s landline ( he told me from where he was phoning????) from the driver telling me his gps is flat and doesn't have a map book and i need to direct him to the delivery address from said establishment.

post-64325-0-57262700-1575911439_thumb.jpeg

post-64325-0-17550900-1575911451_thumb.jpeg

thats too much of a hassle just to get them to do their job properly... in a complex so not possible anyway.

I received other parcels today, 1 from Skynet and 1 from DHL - [not all cycling related btw], so clearly UPS are up to no good. 

Unfortunately I believe you.

Take it up with the shop you made the purchase from. Make an official complaint. I did that as I had paid good money for delivery and, fortunately, had that good money refunded.

Their tracking info is at very best an hallucination.

I wonder if they do better in JHB/Gauteng than elsewhere. I noticed my stuff came via Bidvest cargo -- SAA? No idea.

I was hoping I'd be able to disagree with you, but delivery that's been showing by Tuesday 10/12 has just changed to delayed.!! :(

I finally received my parcels this morning after making 7 calls between the JHB and DBN offices. Was just pushed around from person to person, eventually got the the right person in Durban and 1 hour later I had both parcels.

Was just too much of a mission with them.

I was hoping I'd be able to disagree with you, but delivery that's been showing by Tuesday 10/12 has just changed to delayed.!! :(

Delay resolved and package delivered.

My faith in Merlin/UPS rewarded. :D

Edited by Thomo

Delay resolved and package delivered.

My faith in Merlin/UPS rewarded. :D

good stuff, seems like you just have to add 3-5 days onto delivery time when using UPS.

good stuff, seems like you just have to add 3-5 days onto delivery time when using UPS.

In my case it was a day later than originally displayed on tracking.

Ordered Thursday evening, delivered Wednesday morning isn't too shabby.