Breedsnek Safety??

LouisS

If you too lazy to search for a thread, its unlikely you will be able to finish the ride.

Therefore dont worry about safety, just dont go.

The last time I rode Breedt's I passed another cyclist and I waved at him, but he didn't wave back.  Also, there were cars that passed by really close, while texting.  So my question is, should I have taken a LCHF snack to get up the hill?

The last time I rode Breedt's I passed another cyclist and I waved at him, but he didn't wave back. Also, there were cars that passed by really close, while texting. So my question is, should I have taken a LCHF snack to get up the hill?

Only if you were rolling on a 26" bike with a horizontal shock mount frame. If not, you'd be far better off using single serving certified organic honey pack's.

Thanks Coppi, no we will be a few people riding.

We do it regularly, start from the new Total garage and ride to the shebeen and back.

Its never a good idea to ride any 60 km route alone, especially in an isolated environment.

Common guys! Stop behaving like "chops"

The idea of being part of a forum is to assist other likeminded people. 

But to come back to the original post LouisS. I think its safe to assume if no incidents have been posted and none of these chops on here shared any rumours that they heard through their own cycling networks then  unless you kill yourself on the downhill that you should be just fine.

Hi,

Anyone cycled Breedsnek lately? Haven’t done it for a while, and would like to go and ride it again. Any incidents reported lately?

Read a while ago of some incidents, cyclists robbed, etc. but that was some time ago.

Can you stills go and park at the farm just outside Hekpoort?

Thanks in advance!

Been nearly a year since I did this with a group of about half a dozen riders and I'm itching to go again.

We had no safety issues then and parking was safe and supervised at a nominal charge across the road.

Having said that, I don't think I'd do it solo just to be on the safe side from a safety POV as well as having help if you accidentally moer off your bike going down the hill at high speed....

Good luck!

Another part of a Forum, is being open to abuse from more established forum goers.

Abuse is only acceptable if it is lekker....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Common guys! Stop behaving like "chops"

The idea of being part of a forum is to assist other likeminded people. 

But to come back to the original post LouisS. I think its safe to assume if no incidents have been posted and none of these chops on here shared any rumours that they heard through their own cycling networks then  unless you kill yourself on the downhill that you should be just fine.

So before you get all self righteous on us, OP has been a member since 2009, with some posts to his name. 

Sorry for assuming old members know about the search function. 

Had friends that did it last weekend, no problems, but then they were 8 riding together...

thinking is as always, safety in numbers.

G

The last time I rode Breedt's I passed another cyclist and I waved at him, but he didn't wave back.  Also, there were cars that passed by really close, while texting.  So my question is, should I have taken a LCHF snack to get up the hill?

No, maybe a road bike because then you wouldnt have noticed the other cyclist not waving at you.

You should also have been paying attention to the rough technical terrain of Breedts nek district road instead of being nosey and looking at the motorists facebook on his phone while hes driving...

All jokes aside now.

Anyone riding Breedts Nek willingly should be placed on a suicide watch by their loved ones, surely that ride isnt done on purpose. Death by boredom is a real thing.

All jokes aside now.

Anyone riding Breedts Nek willingly should be placed on a suicide watch by their loved ones, surely that ride isnt done on purpose. Death by boredom is a real thing.

Only to professionals like yourself. 

Amateurs will still see it as a decent ride and good training. 

All jokes aside now.

Only to professionals like yourself. 

Amateurs will still see it as a decent ride and good training. 

It's a decent ride, and good training. But boring AF...

Not something I like to do just for the hell of it. Only if training for something big(ish).