PEP stores offers courier service

I have copied this story from the Bizcommunity Logistics weekly update. It will be interesting to see their pricing versus Postnet. Convenience may well be a positive

Pep has launched a new service called Paxi (as in 'parcel taxi') which allows consumers, agents, suppliers, and institutions to send, collect, and return parcels to over 2,000 Pep store Paxi collection points.
[New parcel service takes on Post Office]For those who often send parcels or documents, this will come as welcome news since the South African Post Office has been beleaguered by strikes, poor customer service, missing, stolen and/or late parcels and mail, and a website which is often down.

The Paxi<https://www.paxi.co.za/> parcel service is available from R49.95 - reportedly a more competitive price than many couriers, including the South African Post Office's Speed Service offering.

As the retailer has such a large footprint in South Africa with stores in most malls and small towns throughout the country, consumers can easily send gifts, products, and documents from any Pep store to another - anywhere in South Africa.

The recipient can collect the parcel provided they have adequate identification and the OTP they received via SMS, notifying them of the parcel's arrival.

Paxi is targeting Pep customers with this affordable service, complete with insurance and track-and-trace. In addition, it is offering to send Unisa assignments for free, provided they are sent two weeks before the due date.

Interesting ....

PostNet-to-PostNet provides GOOD value for money !!

That said, Pep certainly has a wider footprint .....

Certainly seems a better option seeing as you not restricted to normal business hours and can send/collect public holidays. 

We have no Post Net here, nearest one is 20km odd away...but we do have a Pep...

I am a bit suprised that they won't accept explosives though.....!

I was recently sent a parcel using this service, from Springs to PE. Didn't take too long. The scanning out process took a few minutes as it's done by a worker using a mobile app and it seemed like it was the first time they had used it. Seems to work well so far.

I regularly Aramex bags, so I'll definitely check this out.

Wait, is it driven by Skynet?

I also use store to door all the time but if this is decent why not.

I regularly Aramex bags, so I'll definitely check this out.

Wait, is it driven by Skynet?

Ditto.

Aramex bags from PnP, 99 bucks. Easy, convenient and (so far, touch wood) extremely reliable.

Anything must be better than the post office. Im still waiting for an overseas order which is stuck at Witspos for the past 2 months. What the hell is that? Am I able to collect it from there myself as opposed to waiting for it to be delivered to my postnet suite?

It only makes sense. Pep probably has the biggest footprint in the retail industry. I also know that their logistics side is on world standard. Getting deliveries to 2000+ stores 3x a week is no joke.

This is great but what we actually need is a way to bypass the useless Post Office.

We live in hope.

If I remember correctly the Postnet to Postnet is up to 5kg if it fits in that courier bag, any know the T's & C's for the PAXI ?

Also use the Aramex shop to door bags a lot. Probably sent 100+ parcels this year, only ones that were late/had issues were the ones that were outlying - ie farms.