Karoo to Coast

Marichen

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok suns out but there will be no guns out today. COLD. Roads a bit more wet from the rain yesterday but I still don't see it as an issue.

Have a good one and travel safe

How cold is COLD?

I am leaving to the farm tomorrow, and I am already freezing my balls off here in CT. 

Ek is nie lus vir koud kry nie....

I'm guessing closer to 0 that what Stellenbosch was today just before 7am when I rode to work.

post-38519-0-03045900-1537436332_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rouxenator

Safe travels everyone. If you drive, don't drink...or smoke for that matter.

If you fly, don't say "bomb", even when telling your wife/gf/mate etc. on the plane about that time you were in desperate need of one to inflate your tyre that time you were stranded up a creek with no paddle...

To those camping it out in Uniondale...pak warm mense, julle gaan Saterdag aand afk@k.

To everyone, enjoy the ride. Be lekker and don't leave your rubbish behind.

On Monday we will either brag or embellish about our results.

I wouldn't know - I haven't done the August in years...

I am so jealous of you guys doing this race. Did 4 before I left ZA and other than a monumental OTB on my first almost over the rock wall at the top of the pass, and the subsequent 5 hours of torture to the finish with a foot twice the size and infected from where the chainring went into my leg, I loved this race.

Don't panic unless you are not fit, overweight, under-hydrated, anaemic, post-surgery or your heart is too full of love and not enough training. And even then it is an awesome race.