Next XTR: It is 12 speed !

Christie

I saw this on the www. I can't say if it is legit, but I count 12 sprockets and a 10t.

????

post-154-0-91047200-1526792192_thumb.png

Edited by Christie

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. I’m not biting......yet. Manufacturers have a style technique that always comes through in their design. That cassette doesn’t look like it has Shimano tooling IMO.

Well it would be nice to see shimano back in the race.

I have always been a shimano fan but let's be honest even with their 11spd they have been in the back of the race and on top of the budget upgrade which probably worked well because tons of people could afford to upgrade to SLX 11spd or even XT,

But top end bikes are all sram because of weight and range.

So let's see if shimano surprises us with something that nice again.

It will have to be 12 speed otherwise it will sell very badly. If Shimano needs to use a new hub standard to get there then Im pretty sure that is what they will do.

Public perception is that more gears are better. 

Just as long as we get a 2x option I am happy!

2x option is no use if the mud keeps you from shifting down on the front.

2x option is no use if the mud keeps you from shifting down on the front.

do you guys not keep your bikes clean and maintain your drive train? In 20000km (yes 20 thousand) that I have had my 2x10 XT Merida I have never had an issue with front shifting from mud or any kind of debris. I have dropped a chain fewer than five times and that was no fault of the front mech but rather the rear since my XT rear mech has no clutch. Honestly how do you guys have issues? I don't get it?

I will never touch a 1x. Tried it hated it.

200g is negligible weight advantage unless you are Nino Schurter. You are better off shaving a couple kilos off your bulk. Not to mention the other numerous disadvantages.

I was an MTBer for 10 years before I even discovered what a skinny tire was.

Read the sarcastic font ;)

do you guys not keep your bikes clean and maintain your drive train? In 20000km (yes 20 thousand) that I have had my 2x10 XT Merida I have never had an issue with front shifting from mud or any kind of debris. I have dropped a chain fewer than five times and that was no fault of the front mech but rather the rear since my XT rear mech has no clutch. Honestly how do you guys have issues? I don't get it?

I will never touch a 1x. Tried it hated it.

200g is negligible weight advantage unless you are Nino Schurter. You are better off shaving a couple kilos off your bulk. Not to mention the other numerous disadvantages.

Don't try and convince anyone. If you are happy cool. I am a firm believer that 2x if far better. I too have never had issues. Interestingly, at Sani2C, a few Eagle drive trains were struggling to get into their 50 tooth on the steep stuff...

The rationale that 1x is better because its lighter is nonsense unless you aim to podium. If not, then its not better, its just 'cooler'. The rationale that 1x is better because it has fewer moving parts and less likely to give hassles is also nonsense because that all depends on how you maintain your bike. I have personally had more issues with my 1x XTR than my 2x XT. My mate got rid of Eagle and went back to XT.

Ride what works for you. Its not a competition. There is no such thing as better or best. There is however the right product for the required application and rider.