SELL YOUR CERVELO "IVANS GONE!!!"

101%

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have beeen nice if Ullrich and Basso went to Discovery, would be nice to see Ullrich go and fetch water for Basso.

with the current disco team basso will not get very far in any case. 

it is guys like sastre, voigt and bobby that make basso the champ that he is.

i expect to see either frank schleck or julich on the TDF podium next year.

Discovery have lost alot of riders at the end of this year , which leaves them with opportunities to build and sign riders around Basso to support him!

Saw Bjarne driving on William Nicol this morning' date=' didn't look like he just lost his only tour hope! Geek [/quote']

I don't think he would be concerned, Frank Shleck had a very good Tour and his contract only expires in '08.

with the current disco team basso will not get very far in any case. 

it is guys like sastre' date=' voigt and bobby that make basso the champ that he is.

i expect to see either frank schleck or julich on the TDF podium next year.
[/quote'] I don't see Dr. in front of any of the names you mentioned Dr. Seuss!!! It's not Sastre voigt or bobby that makes Basso, unless it's Dr. Bobby, Dr. Voigt or Dr. Fuentes!!!!

Would have beeen nice if Ullrich and Basso went to Discovery' date=' would be nice to see Ullrich go and fetch water for Basso.[/quote']

LOLClapLOL

Guest Michelle

Basso is going to Discovery so he can ride a decent bike for a change Wink

Basso is not goimg to Discovery.

Discovery denies it made offer to Basso

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/apr04/wevelgem04/CN658_s.jpg

Reports that Ivan Basso has been offered a 'concrete proposal' from the Discovery Channel team have been denied by Discovery's assistant manager Dirk Demol. ""We have always had an interest in Basso, and the other way round. But we have still presented nothing concrete to him", he told sporza.be. Team CSC and Basso announced earlier this week that they had mutually agreed to end their relationship, but there still may be some loose ends that need tying up.

Demol said, "To my knowledge, he still has a contract with CSC. We must wait to see how that evolves." The team may also wait until the matter of Basso's involvement in the Operacion Puerto investigation is fully cleared up to make any offers. "The same applies to Basso's role with Dr. Fuentes. We really must wait until his name is cleared."

Christian Frommert, director of sports communication for T-Mobile, said he is not surprised at other teams' interest in signing Ivan Basso. "That was to be expected," he told the Netzeitung. "You have to reckon with the fact that not everybody takes the Code of Ethics so seriously."

Frommert expressed doubts, however, as to the success of Basso's comeback plans. "Talk is cheap. But we have to wait and see how the UCI and the organization of Pro Tour teams will react.

Susan Westemeyer contributed to this report

Guest Michelle

'k, then Basso wants to go to Discovery so that he can ride a decent bike Big%20smile

Guest Michelle

Bruyneel made me an offer but the TDF organisers wouldn't let me ride so there wasn't much point... Tongue