When to go to the Doc

I learned to go to the doc straight away now, otherwise as jy dom is, moet jy k**.

This is not to say am of to the doc for everything...

Few weeks back had a bad car crash but felt fine, small bruise on the head but no whiplash or bruising from airbag and seatbelt. Tried to run a trail run a few days later and my heart rate was through the roof( hit 200 a few times), couldn't get enough air, was just wrecked and broken after only 30km. Turns out although I felt fine all was not entirely right.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my GP. He's friendly, kind, intelligent, eminently capable, up to date in his knowledge. We shared a special moment the other day around a digital rectal exam when he told me my prostate is nice and soft.

If you feel a tingling sensation in your foot, you better already be at the doctor. Coz compartment syndrome blocks the blood flow to the foot, and could lose the foot if really bad.

So assuming he was hospitalized as we now await the outcome of the doctors visit...........

BTW, I hooked my helmet on branch years ago. At the time had pain which dulled but never went away. Took 3 months before consulting a dr, ended up by a neurologist with 2 herniated discs in my neck, C5/C6. They recommended leaving it as only a fusion or replacement can sort.

Touch wood it rarely plays up these days and when it does a good painkiller and anti-inflammatory sorts it out. I go to the dr straight away these days. Waiting is usually a cost issue and more often than not it ends up costing more anyway!!

Ja Doc. My GP is about 88 years old. I had a meneer of a haematoma. He refused to drain it, insisted that it reabsorb.

Eventually I got a second opinion. Draining it was instant relief. They had to do it another two times but was absolutely worth it.

My current thingie that is being drained (DIY) is bursitis in the elbow. Stubborn little bugger. Drained it about 10 times already.

Haematoma's can (not will) turn into bony structures - especially if the periosteum close is also damaged a bit - those usually get surgically removed.

You may want to consider a cortisone injection in that bursae - 10 drains means there is a cause - infection or a foreign object causing inflammation maybe.

Morning guys.

All is good. Doc was ok with the swelling. She gave it some medical term that I can not remember. 

Said it is to be expected and I should monitor it. If not gone in 2 weeks then I must see her again. SWAMBO went with and she double checked everything. 

Thank you for all your advice.

That leg needs to be amputated.

Drop me a PM and I will guide you through the procedure...

I accept bitcoin as a payment method....

No refunds...

Dr Mojo
Univ of Jabba-Bulah-Kakka

Edited by Mojoman

That leg needs to be amputated.

Drop me a PM and I will guide you through the procedure...

I accept bitcoin as a payment method....

No refunds...

Dr Mojo

Univ of Jabba-Bulah-Kakka

........and then see the follow up posts in the "Cooking and Culinary" thread!  :devil: 

Morning guys.

All is good. Doc was ok with the swelling. She gave it some medical term that I can not remember. 

Said it is to be expected and I should monitor it. If not gone in 2 weeks then I must see her again. SWAMBO went with and she double checked everything. 

Thank you for all your advice.

Glad to hear you are okay and nothing serious  :thumbup:

Haematoma's can (not will) turn into bony structures - especially if the periosteum close is also damaged a bit - those usually get surgically removed.

You may want to consider a cortisone injection in that bursae - 10 drains means there is a cause - infection or a foreign object causing inflammation maybe.

Thanks. Will do

bursitis in the elbow.

Only 3 things that give those:

1. Prone shooting

2. Bakkie door arm rest

3. Not giving the lady a change at the top

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Only 3 things that give those:

1. Prone shooting

2. Bakkie door arm rest

3. Not giving the lady a change at the top

4. Underwater Hockey