Training/riding on anti biotics

It'll sit better than heart strain. 

Don't be a douche. Sit this one out and revel in the sudden forced recovery. 

^Listen to Mayhem. You know what is worse than missing a few days of training? being dead, that's what is worse.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look I was resistant as hell to going on AB's. I had what seemed like sinusitis 10 days or so before the sore throat, was blowing out coloured gunk, I rode that out with extra hydration and vitamin C . It cleared up for a bit - for about a week or so and I ran the Cape Town One Run during that period and felt fine. A day or 2 after that I developed the sore throat and cough and glands.

It was then I finally decided to see my GP, I explained my reluctance there too, she said she couldn't be 100% sure if it was a virus or bacterial and said I could ride it out or take the script she gave me but she advised to take the AB's and when I asked how long should I lay off the exercise she said 5 days.

I'm gonna resume training on Wednesday (the day after this course is completed).

You have your doctor's and our resident medical professionals opinions, as well as a whole load of (shock, horror!) Proper Google based advice. Just look yourself. Google "exercising on antibiotics" and revel in the negative guidelines.

Moral of the story; don't exercise on antibiotics, or when sick. Even a headcold, take VERY seriously.

Btw Stoli. Google (if used correctly) is a fount of wisdom and knowledge. Don't dismiss something you don't understand just because it's new to you and you want to protect your chosen viewpoint a little too vociferously.

Yes, that was an assumption. But one based on your posts here, and assuming you've only seen the negative side of google doctorates.

Fwiw. Google is how I (and people far more intelligent than I) get access to people far more intelligent and / or informed than I. How people should be expanding their knowledge base and challenging their beliefs / "known facts"

Don't dismiss it out of hand cos you, or those you've come in to contact with, have used it irresponsibly or fallen foul of those who would seek to misinform.

Hahahahahaha! And Mr Google himself comments about how much Google knowledge he has. If I want something Googled, I'll save myself some time and send you a PM. Shot!

Hahahahahaha! And Mr Google himself comments about how much Google knowledge he has. If I want something Googled, I'll save myself some time and send you a PM. Shot!

Stoli,

What's going on with you?

You are getting feedback from several users here about your communication style.

And yet you persist with abrasive and sarcastic commentary.

It's not even your thread. 

We are all guests here on Really Fast's question about his health and fitness.

All the best @ReallyFast.

Keep us updated.

Stoli,

What's going on with you?

You are getting feedback from several users here about your communication style.

And yet you persist with abrasive and sarcastic commentary.

It's not even your thread. 

We are all guests here on Really Fast's question about his health and fitness.

All the best @ReallyFast.

Keep us updated.

I can only be myself. This is how I am. This is how I communicate (straight to the point).

I just don't find it enlightening when someone who doesn't have real life experience, or knowledge comes and lectures me about how they use Google or their own opinions on matters they have no expert or learnt knowledge on. V12 gave insightful and proper input and I respect that.

But I guess I'm knocking on dead wood here.

I can only be myself. This is how I am. This is how I communicate (straight to the point).

I just don't find it enlightening when someone who doesn't have real life experience, or knowledge comes and lectures me about how they use Google or their own opinions on matters they have no expert or learnt knowledge on. V12 gave insightful and proper input and I respect that.

Only if you're tapping your head pal

Social media or BikeHub is definitely not the place for Enlightenment.

Hehehe

:w00t:

Love the little jabs you're giving. Well done, you must feel good.

Gotta love the way people play the man and not the ball on this forum. I asked questions and got attacked properly. The old pack mentality coming out in proper form.

The statements that started this little jab session from you had a serious lack of facts. The facts have come out since then, lo and behold, I was right. But hey, continue the way you are. I honestly can't care about an anonymous.

Go have a coffee or something.  Do you really want to spend so much time knocking up the dead wood??

Love the little jabs you're giving. Well done, you must feel good.

Gotta love the way people play the man and not the ball on this forum. I asked questions and got attacked properly. The old pack mentality coming out in proper form.

The statements that started this little jab session from you had a serious lack of facts. The facts have come out since then, lo and behold, I was right. But hey, continue the way you are. I honestly can't care about an anonymous.

I dont think there is that much of a pack mentality compared to other forums to be honest.

Most of the members on here have been around for a long time, we all know a fair deal about each other. There is also a great deal of very caring members who help and support each other through tough times.

Unfortunately this question comes up *every single* winter during this period and has been discussed so many times in the past. As was mentioned we have some resident doctors who are really awesome people, and while they are limited as to what advice they can give without a consultation, still provide the facts and let you draw your own conclusions.

Its not a big deal being abrasive, there are a few forum members who are like that, but maybe from time to time try mix in a little bit of nice and it will go a long way to making your stay on here more enjoyable.

Demmit, one account coming your way for a keyboard!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived