PainCave "Fight Night" Powered By Buycycle.co.za - SA's ZWIFT Race

Christian van Zyl

Unfortunately not. The only way to e-dope would be to adjust your weight, or ride on a miscalibrated trainer.

We would still love to offer prizes for winners overall and category winners (which we are working one!) - our thinking around those would be to have regional race offs for possibly semi finals and finals that have to be in a PainCave studio or other "accredited" facility, where we can weigh competitors in and make sure trainers are calibrated. 

So if you do e-dope, it will get you only so far.

But until then, just enjoy some awesome racing and brilliant training

Prize need to be worth it

KickR 3......

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately not. The only way to e-dope would be to adjust your weight, or ride on a miscalibrated trainer.

We would still love to offer prizes for winners overall and category winners (which we are working one!) - our thinking around those would be to have regional race offs for possibly semi finals and finals that have to be in a PainCave studio or other "accredited" facility, where we can weigh competitors in and make sure trainers are calibrated.

But until then, just enjoy some awesome racing and brilliant training!

Cool thanks

It’s human nature to cheat and unfortunately some tjop will, yes it’s all fun and games but still no one likes to get beaten by cheating.

Can’t wait to get my Zwift set up... need a new device that will allow me to run it

????

Edited by SwissVan

Brilliant. The suffering is immense in an event like this and you want to give up and soft pedal to finish. At one point I was sure the amount of Km to go was not coming down. I am sure being in that kind of environment will have you pushing harder and not giving up.

Cheats will cheat. After the event I still commented that no HR = DQ or that's usually how it works and it should. other than that the over 5w/kg thing for X amount of time is usually also DQ if you cannot prove it and have your real world stats to prove it. You could say that you should prove you weight also but I don't think it will keep them from cheating. I have raced on Zwift in some events where guys say they weight is like 55kg and can do 350+ watts for an hour... they must have world tour teams trampling each other to get a signature. :ph34r:

The pain and suffering beter be worth it I tell myself - but then you feel you are getting stronger with these big efforts so you keep coming back like a feral cat.

So what will the next route be??? :thumbup:

Edited by s14phoenix

The rule outside for a race : No helmet no ride...

Now refer to column "C" of the results = ave Heart rate

please add the following rule :

No ave heart rate no result ... :)

Brilliant. The suffering is immense in an event like this and you want to give up and soft pedal to finish. At one point I was sure the amount of Km to go was not coming down. I am sure being in that kind of environment will have you pushing harder and not giving up.

Cheats will cheat. After the event I still commented that no HR = DQ or that's usually how it works and it should. other than that the over 5w/kg thing for X amount of time is usually also DQ if you cannot prove it and have your real world stats to prove it. You could say that you should prove you weight also but I don't think it will keep them from cheating. I have raced on Zwift in some events where guys say they weight is like 55kg and can do 350+ watts for an hour... they must have world tour teams trampling each other to get a signature. :ph34r:

The pain and suffering beter be worth it I tell myself - but then you feel you are getting stronger with these big efforts so you keep coming back like a feral cat.

So what will the next route be??? :thumbup:

Epic KOM  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Must remember, some people race for themselves, I don't have a HR and being DQ means nothing for me as im not taking it serious and actually out there to enjoy the pain and the challenge.

4.2 is low compared to the Kiss races, there they AVG 4.6+ and there is a few SAs that race there.

All in all great to have a local race, well done to guys for putting it all together.

Must remember, some people race for themselves, I don't have a HR and being DQ means nothing for me as im not taking it serious and actually out there to enjoy the pain and the challenge.

me too :thumbup:

Thanks for that good to know...  What about racers who control their Power there were riders that would surge forward at the top of the climb because the power would remain the same where if you're on a virtual trainer your power automatically drops for the same speed

Thanks for that good to know...  What about racers who control their Power there were riders that would surge forward at the top of the climb because the power would remain the same where if you're on a virtual trainer your power automatically drops for the same speed

Not sure I get what you mean? there is a setting you can setup so your trainer resistance remain contstant thus you don't "feel" the road undulations. When you get to the top of a climb the resistance then does not lighten up. That's just a simple zwift setting.

Please elaborate? :eek:

Please elaborate? :eek:

Is this a Zwift-power thing where power is calculated from wheel speed, cadence and HR? If so, I think that while their algorithm is good, it's not 100%, so funnies can creep in I expect

I think what is being referred to is that there are two settings that you can ride under in Zwift......Erg/Sim mode, where the smart trainer controls the resistance based on the changing terrain and Manual mode where it is not controlled and you ride at a "constant" wattage (by the way you can set another app to control the trainer and hold that wattage at say 3w/kg, and still ride on Zwift - but Zwift will just record and not control the trainer - so on uphills and downhills you will always be at the same wattage). 

Personally I think it's much harder trying to race at a consistent wattage, that having the ability to push a hill and recover. Again IMHO I don't think there's an advantage riding at a constant wattage in a race.

Overall results from last night!!

Just figured out the guy one place above me only weights 54kg.

No wonder he climbed like a mountain goat

Hopefully the next rout is more flat down hill to accommodate our heavy weights