PainCave "Fight Night" Powered By Buycycle.co.za - SA's ZWIFT Race

Christian van Zyl

If you are an above average rider yes..

Same with golf, if you have a low handicap you wont mind mixing it with the pro's as they will beat you with a couple of shots. No enjoyment though for a 15 handicapper to get his ass handed to him by 15 to 20 shots every time.

Agreed.

Dion made some good points!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Age group versus w/kg - yes it is something we are watching. If we introduce prizes, it becomes very difficult to control if a certain rider is actually 3w/kg rider or not. Nothing stop you from entering a lower category.

I've done a few Zwift events in the D category (1-2.4w/kg), then had my ass handed to me as people zoomed off @ 4w/kg - and seemed to maintain that pretty well. short of putting my weight @ 25% of actual, I have no chance and it ends up being a solo ride. May as well do some proper training intervals then

We all starting together so perfect as is, first 5min splits groups into relevant wpkg cats anyway. 

Splitting age cats for prize giving is perfect , but can tell you now on Zwift, age and gender means very little.

yesterdays leading group had +-3 VA and +-10 VB and a 60year old 

so even though we not starting in WPKG pins, we end up riding in WPKG groups and that's perfect.

Unfortunately there is no "earned" seeding. That said, seeding even for normal events are crappy where you are supposed to "earn" your seeding batch.

There is no clear way to also ween out the cheaters and sandbaggers when you go on ability either. It is easy to do a B-cat or C-Cat when you are actually an A-Cat rider. Have you seen how many people are boosting buddies by "buddiedoping" - (this is where the stronger higher seeded rider drops down from his batch  and rides in front of their buddy for the whole race as to give them an unfair advantage to help boost their seeding - often to above their skills and fitness level)

Edited by s14phoenix

Great motivation for me to lose some weight... If I can improve on my weight I have a motivator to better myself. 

I'm Fat... I came last on the hills last week... DEAD last, some bruising to my ego but, I'm fine with that. I'm more motivated now to work harder and lose the flippen fat. 

Anyway... W/kg feels to me like a quota system. 

I also like the age cat racing. There is enought other races on Zwift where you can race against your w/kg.

This is something different.

Would agree that the guys going for the prices must wear a HR monitor.

maybe dividing the groups more... an over 3w/kg and gruppetto for each age bracket

don't think zwift has that many though - C and D seems to need it most as there is the most aspiring pros there. :ph34r:  :lol:

Edited by s14phoenix

maybe dividing the groups more... an over 3w/kg and gruppetto for each age bracket

don't think zwift has that many though - C and D seems to need it most as there is the most aspiring pros there. :ph34r:  :lol:

yip

VA and VB

always impressive on the road - now also impressive on the net :thumbup:

The results from last night.....unfortunately not conclusive. We are still getting the additional files.

post-16497-0-21265300-1530185932_thumb.jpeg

post-16497-0-54034000-1530185956_thumb.jpeg

post-16497-0-67514200-1530186013_thumb.jpeg

post-16497-0-39926300-1530186033_thumb.jpeg

post-16497-0-03848700-1530186054_thumb.jpeg

post-16497-0-15716100-1530186079_thumb.jpeg

The final sprint of the leaders. The bunch wiggles down from around 15 half way through to the last 4 at the end!

post-16497-0-25114900-1530186196_thumb.jpeg

One of the last big pushes that split the group, on the little climb to the Volcano. Some decent power numbers there!!

Shows you what you need to be pushing out at the end of the race to make the final break!

post-16497-0-80005400-1530186364_thumb.jpeg

post-16497-0-58984900-1530186408_thumb.jpeg

Age Cats are crazy.

I really think this needs a change. How does a guy who produces 1.5w/kg feel after a race where the winner is a 4w/kg. Do you think the 1.5 guy will be back? I doubt it.

Anyways not my issue. But if you want to grow this format in South Africa perhaps one could look at the reasons why w/kg groups were created in the first place.

I raised this from the onset but it looks like the organisers believe that if you are born between 20-29 and 9 years gaps there after then you should have the same power...hence I raced once and never again.