[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

I enjoyed the race. Pretty much had my normal training route to myself on Sunday. [emoji3]

Although near the end I did pass a gent in Macsteel kit that then decided to stay with me for a few km.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be the best organised event by far. Great route... the best road surface I've done for 110km's! Albeit our race was stopped with about 20 odd km's (VC) to go, we were warned, some just won't listen!! Not to sure on the rule re the breakaway though, do they get the advantage?
Maybe some extra shade at the entertainment area? Gets pretty full quickly. Other than that... a race you should never miss. Thanks Germiston bunch and your team.... was a goodie. 

One of the best races for sure. I nearly missed it with food poisoning the night before. Luckily I was able to recover enough to roll along with BL spent all day trying to recover in the hospitality area so actually quite glad I missed the AL start.

I even won a prize in the lucky draw!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Thanks to the Germiston Wheelers for a great event and the prize!!!

Great race as always  :thumbup:

Dropped to CL to ride with my brother, very twitchy bunch towards Springs and till we got to the second right turn. Things calmed down from there.

Managed to hang on till around the 25km to go. Caught napping :blush:

Group finished at around 2h56, i came in at 3h00

Very cool new route

Well done Frosty and the team!

Lady in Pink she dropped us wholesale absolutely effortlees closed a 200 meter gap on other ladies in the blink of an eye. Finished in 3:20 something.

I was in CL and we saw the lady in pink (AL number) on the E-bike in the final 10km.

I asked her if she cant put that thing on 50km/h and pull us home, she didnt even give me a smile  :clap:

Surprise Surprise, Only positive comments about the organisation. Serious FOMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done everyone(riders and organisers). Always has been one of, if not the most well organised races in Joburg. And to think its organised by guys who have day jobs. Says something about the people who organise races for a living..................

Really well organised event as always! New route was great! Marshalls were great!

Only one comment, limiting the drinks at the finish was not a welcome end. It appeared that there was not enough coke, was a hot day and a quarter cup of coke was just not enough.

I was in CL and we saw the lady in pink (AL number) on the E-bike in the final 10km.

I asked her if she cant put that thing on 50km/h and pull us home, she didnt even give me a smile :clap:

I guess sense of humour failure had kicked in by then; we asked her to to ask her bike if it would be so kind as to do some work on the front. Another guy asked if he could charge his phone on her bike; I guess a joke is only funny the first 27 times ???? Edited by Craai

Kudos to Frosty and team; it was a good day out. One gripe (and this is a big one); when are you guys going to do something about the wind?

Kudos to Frosty and team; it was a good day out. One gripe (and this is a big one); when are you guys going to do something about the wind?

There was hardly any wind yesterday, I think it was the best conditions in the last 3 years

My entire 3 minutes of racing was great fun!

Thanks to the immediate response of whoever was on the sidelines and the medical team for taking me back to the medics tent and patching me up.

New Helmet day soon I suppose

Please please please keep this new route.

Much more fun and makes it "different" from the "other" 50 events doing the same thing over and over again during the year.

New route 10/10

Thank you for the total road closure from aroun 10/15km out approaching the finish.  Really nice.

To the marshals.  10/10

Did the VB and the lady marshal was in full control of the race the whole way and directed traffic professionally.

Big thank you!

Podium was done on time.  Excellent.

Not that I was there, I am way to slow for that but nice to see the front guys were considered in the planning.

Goody bag at the end.  Thank you.  Nice touch.

And the medals are quite special compared to other events.  Detailed.  

Race number pickups.  My only gripe.  9/10

After 12 completed events I want a permanent number and not drive around for a piece of paper.   :thumbdown:

That said, pickup was like 10km from my work so not a mission as always.

Parking and getting in and out of the event was no problem.  10/10

Frosty, to you and the team, big thank you for the best organised race in Gauteng.   :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Haha Spinnekop I can assure everyone you are not too slow, and you were one position short of a podium. 

but I agree the marshal for VB was in full control of the race and it was very well organized so thank you to everyone involved.

Really well organised event as always! New route was great! Marshalls were great!

Only one comment, limiting the drinks at the finish was not a welcome end. It appeared that there was not enough coke, was a hot day and a quarter cup of coke was just not enough.

Thanks for the feedback - will query this with the team. I wasn’t aware of any limit.

My entire 3 minutes of racing was great fun!

Thanks to the immediate response of whoever was on the sidelines and the medical team for taking me back to the medics tent and patching me up.

New Helmet day soon I suppose

Sorry to hear.