[Event] 2019 Swartberg 100 Fondo's

@BigJohnSwan

Hopefully 4th time lucky for me having driven down to the Karoo three times before:

2016: Withdrew as I had flu;

2017: The road between the pass and Prince Albert got washed away;

2018: My Niner became scrap metal as it fell of the bike rack and got dragged behind the car on the way to the start. 

Eddy, please contact us on swartberg100@mtbafrica.co.za with your details, we have a little gift for you, for next year...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I entered on Friday but have not been able to pay and finalise, as Entry Ninja's credit card portal is down.  Apparently they are working on it.

Anyone have any more info/better update?

I didn't know abou the early bird thingy.... A little Hub exception?? Please..

I think it is time to swop out the Panorama.

IF I can get accommodation I suppose.

Edited by TALUS

@BigJohnSwan please could you assist on the payments issue?

Then I also sent a mail on Friday to enquire about the tented accommodation, but no reply yet?

@BigJohnSwan please could you assist on the payments issue?

Then I also sent a mail on Friday to enquire about the tented accommodation, but no reply yet?

I did reply to a Roulof Hefer not sure if that's you?

My Apologies, it went straight to spam...

Thanks for the reply! :thumbup:

Edit:

The credit card portal is however still down.  Just completed my entry :clap:

Edited by Roul

My Apologies, it went straight to spam...

Thanks for the reply! :thumbup:

Edit:

The credit card portal is however still down.  Just completed my entry :clap:

:thumbup: ..... Entry  :ph34r:

Hopefully 4th time lucky for me having driven down to the Karoo three times before:

2016: Withdrew as I had flu;

2017: The road between the pass and Prince Albert got washed away;

2018: My Niner became scrap metal as it fell of the bike rack and got dragged behind the car on the way to the start.  

Karma is tough on this one. Nothing like your saga but … My new Lynskey that I ordered with this in mind got lost (in Miami....). Now a new bike is being built. Tried to book accommodation for 2 days. All failed due to electronic?software crap and now I cannot get my entry in.

Man I am looking at a lot of punctures or something if I ever get to the start.

Karma is tough on this one. Nothing like your saga but … My new Lynskey that I ordered with this in mind got lost (in Miami....). Now a new bike is being built. Tried to book accommodation for 2 days. All failed due to electronic?software crap and now I cannot get my entry in.

Man I am looking at a lot of punctures or something if I ever get to the start.

Eddy has some spare lawn for your tent on the other side of the mountain... bring a willie warmer...

Eddy, please contact us on swartberg100@mtbafrica.co.za with your details, we have a little gift for you, for next year...

Entry completed and thank you BigJohn for the voucher.

It was not your fault that I cocked up, but helping me with an entry was both unexpected and much appreciated.

In a saturated market it is this attitude of yours that will ensure that the Swartberg Fondo  will thrive. I look forward to finally doing it next year.

It was not your fault that I cocked up, but helping me with an entry was both unexpected and much appreciated.

In a saturated market it is this attitude of yours that will ensure that the Swartberg Fondo  will thrive. I look forward to finally doing it next year.

Eddy. Based on your track record, I'm calling dibs on your substitution request..... :devil:  :devil:

No worries !

Your "early commute incident" with your bike was one of the catalysts that made me decide to pull the trigger and offer a tented village to address the accommodation issue in the town. Hopefully we can create a great vibe on the event field with lots of food, beer and a big after-party. We are organising a pre-ride on Friday and post-ride picnic affair for the Sunday. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...