[Event] 2019 Swartberg 100 Fondo's

@BigJohnSwan

So I've just seen that the Panorama Tour, that clashed with the GF in 2018, was moved to June in 2019.

So, can we still enter for the GF?

Please share!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait what... :)

I thought you meant the Panorama has been postponed?

Edit: Where did you get the info about the Panorama?

Yep, Panorama now 15-18 June, FB, but also mentioned on website

• 4 months later...

I've already entered.. Will be taking gears this time round though!

Hi guys. Doing the GF100 this year. Planning to ride rigid single speed. Any advice on choice of gearing from those of you who’ve done it before?

Apologies if question have been asked before but could not find it.

Thanks.

Hi guys. Doing the GF100 this year. Planning to ride rigid single speed. Any advice on choice of gearing from those of you who’ve done it before?

Apologies if question have been asked before but could not find it.

Thanks.

A mate and I did it on SS gravel bikes last year. I was rigged up 40/19.

Had to walk a couple of places up the pass but not that much.

Hopefully 4th time lucky for me having driven down to the Karoo three times before:

2016: Withdrew as I had flu;

2017: The road between the pass and Prince Albert got washed away;

2018: My Niner became scrap metal as it fell of the bike rack and got dragged behind the car on the way to the start.  

Wishing you all the good luck possible this time Eddy :thumbup:

My first one, can't wait - on my modern gravel bike - cos I'm a 3 bike family now - Princess Merida for the mountain, Captain Trek for the road and their love child Chucky Checkpoint for the gravel.

Sweet lord have mercy - I can't believe I'm about to click post on that.

Can anybody advise me I have entered the Swartberg 100  and now find that the organisers through no fault of their own have made it a non-CSA sanctioned event. I hold a CSA licence am I now liable to be fined or suspended by CSA for competing?

I have a gravel bike with a bottom gear of 36 x 34 will that get me up the Pass?

I have a gravel bike with a bottom gear of 36 x 34 will that get me up the Pass?

I made it up with a very similar ratio 34x32. It's not ideal but I did not need to walk.

• 1 month later...

Hi, if anyone has Accommodation for 3 in Price Albert for the event, please get in touch.

left it a tad late it seems..

Hi, if anyone has Accommodation for 3 in Price Albert for the event, please get in touch.

left it a tad late it seems..

Plenty of accommodation in luxury and standard tents. Brand new ablution block, grassed field.

Non-Rider companions can also stay in tents, first come first served. Go back to your Entry Ninja entry and add tent or tents. Breakfasts supplied.

Hi Folks

Due to unfortunate circumstances my partner and I will not be able to do this. We have two entries available. Not expecting any reimbursement, I just really want them to go to someone who will partake in the race.

Please send me a PM if you’re keen. Thank you.

Hi Folks

Due to unfortunate circumstances my partner and I will not be able to do this. We have two entries available. Not expecting any reimbursement, I just really want them to go to someone who will partake in the race.

Please send me a PM if you’re keen. Thank you.

Happy to say these have been transferred.

Thanks everyone for the messages and good luck to all participating. :)