[Event] EWC Round 3 Stellenbosch

Dan Dob

Hi Hubbers,

The EWC Team regrets to announce that the Jonkershoek enduro is postponed to Sunday 14 October.

We got word last week that SAPS has decided, in the interests of public safety, to revoke our event permit, due to the unrest/protest action that has been happening recently in the Jonkershoek Valley. We have scrambled the last few days to try and make it happen, either at Jonkers, or at another suitable venue on the same date, but it has unfortunately not been possible at such short notice.

We really hope you can join us on the new date - anyone that has already entered but cannot make the new date, please message us and we will arrange a refund for you. It sucks, but it was out of our hands, and at the end of the day the call was made for everyone's safety.

At least we all get more time to train... it's going to be a biggie!

Stoked. Now I can do it. Cheers protesters I knew my additional rent-a-crowd would do the job! 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...on which bike?

That is up in the air at the moment! It wasn't then it was, then it wasn't and now it very much is! You hard tailing it? 

That is up in the air at the moment! It wasn't then it was, then it wasn't and now it very much is! You hard tailing it?

Jonkershoek is big bike territory, but I'll be in esels that weekend unfortunately, entered and ready to camp. So I'm out for enduro

Just some off-topic humor. EWC = expropriation without compensation, and some Stellenbosch wine farm has had an eventful few weeks. 

Good luck with the event!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

This comment isn't funny any more after the latest announcement!  :oops:

Did some practice runs out there yesterday and I have to admit I'm not disappointed there is some more time to train before the event... 3 full runs and I could barely drive home - definitely nothing left for a 4th climb to the top. The tracks are incredible though!

Doesn't this put it after Ezelenduro?

So as it's no longer #training4ezel they could make it slightly less brutal so that the less fit guys could give it a bash.

Just throwing this to the breeze........

(I have no vested interest in making it easier, I am merely stirring)

I gotta say I am somewhat relieved, my lack fitness had me worried about Jonkers then Ezel in the space of 7 days! Kinda sucks that it's same weekend as 3 day Eselfontein stage race, a few guys are gonna end up missing EWC.

• 4 weeks later...

So with Jonkershoek open again, we're hoping that peace reigns and SAPS will give us the go ahead to run the final round of the series. Booking are still open and we're sitting at about 70 entries so far. We're looking forward to seeing you hubbers conquer the gnarly course!

Will it be possible to ride jonkershoek on Friday or saturday before the event on Sunday ?

Yes, of course! In fact we encourage you to go and ride and check out the trails and there are some challenging ones in the race!

Hi Hubbers, I joined up with the Wild Air crew and suffered like a dog to show you guys 2 of the trails that'll be in the race this Sunday-gotta say it was not easy to talk and ride at the same time! Both my talking and riding went down the drain :).

Entries close tonight 23:59 so get in there!

That was a great event. Well done on the organization. It went super smooth from my point of view. Taping off the dangerous stuff was a good move on the uber difficult sections. They were still hard as hell. (Note to self.. dont try ride a trail like the Plumber mostly blind on a race)

And the good news is that the elevation is "only" about 1700m, not 2000m like originally planned :o

What a brilliant day it was up there yesterday folks.