Football

IceCreamMan

United sit with the problem that no world class manager will want to take over from Mourinho..

So what they will need is either an ex player who has passion for the club or a manager that is very good at lifting morale (think of a Ranieri type manager)

There were rumours before the season started that Zidane would be brought in to Juve and act as a director until Allegri's contract runs out and then take over from him.. this seems to be the more likely now that Morata has left Juve, but not sure if he would want to be a director though and not rather immediately step in as manager somewhere else.

So I doubt united's answer lies with Zidane, can't see him wanting to go to a club and try resurrect them..it would be too much of a step down for him.

Edited by Gen

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this to give the yobs in the pubs extra drinking and fighting time ?

That too.

Traditionally all the clubs in all the leagues kick off at 3 pm on a saturday so to get fans to the games irrespective of leagues there is a blanket on football on TV for 3 pm kick off games.

Even the guys in the lower leagues make a good living out of football these days by the way. You only see the cream on TV who earn millions a year, but in the lower leagues and non leagues guys are getting a good wage to play football. So its NB to get people through the gate for games

I watched most of the game as well. I think united just need a solid win to boost confidence and open the flood gates. On paper they up there with the best in the world, Mourinho has the credentials, its just a matter of clicking. Hopefully sooner rather than later otherwise mourinho will be gone.

slightly optimistic i think...

Quality players yes, however it is quite evident these players dont suite his style of play. Pogba being the perfect example. IMO he was close to player of the WC behind modric and kante. 

On that i too think his style is out dated and lost its value. I think United is in K*K as he wont change. 

United sit with the problem that no world class manager will want to take over from Mourinho..

So what they will need is either an ex player who has passion for the club or a manager that is very good at lifting morale (think of a Ranieri type manager)

There were rumours before the season started that Zidane would be brought in to Juve and act as a director until Allegri's contract runs out and then take over from him.. this seems to be the more likely now that Morata has left Juve, but not sure if he would want to be a director though and not rather immediately step in as manager somewhere else.

So I doubt united's answer lies with Zidane, can't see him wanting to go to a club and try resurrect them..it would be too much of a step down for him.

Never underestimate the pull of United... as much as we all enjoy laughing at them, they're a massive club, with resources and money very few can match. Their problem at the moment is all the best managers are largely spoken for...

Some good options that might be tempted I reckon: Conte, Zidane (not sure this is the right situation for him though), Deschamps, Low, Simeone... there are always options with the money they have at their disposal.

Yoh... tough times ahead for United fans..I watched most of their CL game last night..

Ouch.. very fortunate to get a draw.. had Valencia (club not player) been better in front of goal it could have easily been an embarrassing scoreline... also your players look unfit..damn not sure who is in charge of their conditioning but damn maybe if they should start there.. can't have players huffing and puffing before half time...

Meanwhile in Turin... without getting out of 2nd gear.. Dybala hat-trick made it 9 wins from 9.. see you soon United fans[emoji6]

But just enjoy his first goal..the pass..the volley

https://youtu.be/dNgAi-tWxxU

I reckon we'll beat Juve [emoji41] ,they'll probably go into the match overconfident and not play the right way.

Only one name comes to mind...................GIGGS ! And moronho got rid of him !

Edited by coppi

I watched most of the game as well. I think united just need a solid win to boost confidence and open the flood gates. On paper they up there with the best in the world, Mourinho has the credentials, its just a matter of clicking. Hopefully sooner rather than later otherwise mourinho will be gone.

I don't which United you're watching but Mourinho is not turning that team around mate. He's lost the dressing room. I'd be very happy to be wrong but history suggests it's only going to get worse.

Spurs vs Barca tonight... I'm not usually fearful of anyone on our 'home' turf, but with a long list of injuries I'm not too optimistic for tonight. Dele, Eriksen, Dembele, Vertonghen all out - I fear we might be a little out played in midfield. Should be a good game regardless though, both teams only really play one way...

You lot are going to be shafted tonight!

Never underestimate the pull of United... as much as we all enjoy laughing at them, they're a massive club, with resources and money very few can match. Their problem at the moment is all the best managers are largely spoken for...

Some good options that might be tempted I reckon: Conte, Zidane (not sure this is the right situation for him though), Deschamps, Low, Simeone... there are always options with the money they have at their disposal.

The guys are spoke for.. Conte won't be a bad choice ..but not as long term though...

The rest are spoken for and Zidane would be less likely, don't think he wod want to take over a club struggling after the silverware he got at Real.. and if rumours are to believed he isn't interested.. also he doesn't speak English.

What they need is somebody that isn't going to slag them off day in and day out..the problem beside Mou's style of play is that he isnt able to motivate the players... easy to keep them happy when things go well but different story when it is going poorly..

Meanwhile, we crept into the 4th round of caraboa cup with an away win....pah humbug some will say the caraboa cup is of little consequnce and you would probably be right, however its played by the same teams that contest the FA cup and an away win at a premiership side(everton) even on penalties is a confidence booster.

Chelsea on Sunday, heres hoping for a good result. Sadly, wont be going to game as tickets sold out before i wiped the crap outta my eyes.

Looking like a tough game against Chelsea, Hazard is unplayable at the moment.

I agree , Zidane doesn't guarantee success but bloody hell if he can improve the style of football he'll have done half the job of fixing what's seriously wrong with the club right now.

Conte is the Italian Mourinho ,no thanks.

Mourinho was never a fit for united.

Pity that the powers at be did not have the faith in Giggs

It's because they Reacted to City Signing Pep and because Ed Woodward has no clue where football is concerned. He is a genius at making the club money though.

I reckon we'll beat Juve [emoji41] ,they'll probably go into the match overconfident and not play the right way.

Lol

I agree , Zidane doesn't guarantee success but bloody hell if he can improve the style of football he'll have done half the job of fixing what's seriously wrong with the club right now.

No no no, we had to endure 16 seasons of Wenger after his prime, you guys can endure at least half of that with Mourinho thank you very much.  :devil: