Football

IceCreamMan

And if they do nothing then what.. Next the Arsenal or Liverpool fans do the same, they also want their owners out..?

Like I said the FA are very cautious when it comes to the big 6..so I don't think anything will be done.. Sure police may be able to identify some protestors and sure some may be banned..

I certainly never suggested they must do ‘nothing’, something must be done. I was asking what can they do in this situation so that the sanction doesn’t give the protesters the power.

Any sanction that hurts the owners will be an incentive for these thugs to do it again. So the question stands, what do you do?

Handing Pool an uncontested 3 points at this stage is certainly not fair to Spurs/WH/Everton.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly never suggested they must do ‘nothing’, something must be done. I was asking what can they do in this situation so that the sanction doesn’t give the protesters the power.

Any sanction that hurts the owners will be an incentive for these thugs to do it again. So the question stands, what do you do?

Handing Pool an uncontested 3 points at this stage is certainly not fair to Spurs/WH/Everton.

I am sure there are rules in place for these sorts of events. I would lie if I said I knew what they were though.

Two police officers injured one with a slashed face.. Nah sorry that's not on.. There should be sanctions..

Yes lot of things in life aren't fair and there can be far reaching consequences to actions.. Isn't this the lesson we teach our children.

What the correct sanction is I wouldn't know... Pretty sure there is a extensive guidelines in the code of conduct under the FA rules.

Edited by Gen

Yes lot of things in life aren't fair and there can be far reaching consequences to actions.. Isn't this the lesson we teach our children.

Sorry a bit off topic but I was a bit sad on the weekend when my son came off the pitch and  told me that me that their  opposing  team kept calling them mother f**kers to 'get to' them. I know its going to happen and part of club football but I naively hoped not whilst they were still 9 and 10 years old.

Anyway his team won by a nice margin so it was a good way of explaining that the other team were using other tactics as their football play was not as good. 

Sorry a bit off topic but I was a bit sad on the weekend when my son came off the pitch and told me that me that their opposing team kept calling them mother f**kers to 'get to' them. I know its going to happen and part of club football but I naively hoped not whilst they were still 9 and 10 years old.

Anyway his team won by a nice margin so it was a good way of explaining that the other team were using other tactics as their football play was not as good.

That's terrible.. These so called tactics get taught from a young age.. Of course parents set the tone...

I'd really hoped that it wasn't happening at that young age though... Very sad.

glad they gave them a hiding.

I am sure there are rules in place for these sorts of events. I would lie if I said I knew what they were though.

Two police officers injured one with a slashed face.. Nah sorry that's not on.. There should be sanctions..

What the correct sanction is I wouldn't know... Pretty sure there is a extensive guidelines in the code of conduct under the FA rules.

You keep saying that as if somebody here is disagreeing with you. 

Yes life is not fair, but that doesnt mean we should just go around punishing people who did not deserve it. Westham/Everton/Spurs do not deserve to be punished because of some MANU hooligans. O hope you don't klap both your boys behind the head when one of them back chats and then simply tell the innocent one that "life isn't far".

Most hooligans' violence is done in the name of the club, so any sanction against the club hurts the hooligans too. This violence was against the club so sanctions that hurt the club plays into their hands.

I am saying, and let me be clear,  sanction them by all means, just don't do it to in such a way that give the hooligans the power, and don't do it so that other teams are negatively impacted by something they had nothing to do with. The thug who assaulted the policeman needs to go to jail.

You keep saying that as if somebody here is disagreeing with you.

Yes life is not fair, but that doesnt mean we should just go around punishing people who did not deserve it. Westham/Everton/Spurs do not deserve to be punished because of some MANU hooligans. O hope you don't klap both your boys behind the head when one of them back chats and then simply tell the innocent one that "life isn't far".

Most hooligans' violence is done in the name of the club, so any sanction against the club hurts the hooligans too. This violence was against the club so sanctions that hurt the club plays into their hands.

I am saying, and let me be clear, sanction them by all means, just don't do it to in such a way that give the hooligans the power, and don't do it so that other teams are negatively impacted by something they had nothing to do with. The thug who assaulted the policeman needs to go to jail.

No didn't mean to imply that you are disagreeing.. So sorry if it came across like that..

I read an article that mentioned the rule under the FA's code of conduct and according to that Liverpool would be handed a win and the 3 points.

Edit

It would fall under the failure to host the game due to fan conduct.. Now the PL made the call (right? ) so it may effect how they proceed.

Edited by Gen

No didn't mean to imply that you are disagreeing.. So sorry if it came across like that..

I read an article that mentioned the rule under the FA's code of conduct and according to that Liverpool would be handed a win and the 3 points.

Edit

It would fall under the failure to host the game due to fan conduct.. Now the PL made the call (right? ) so it may effect how they proceed.

If that's the sanction then that's the sanction.

Sucks for the teams will be disadvantaged by that decision. It certainly doesn't change much in the life of United.

Edited by Patchelicious

If that's the sanction then that's the sanction.

Sucks for the teams will be disadvantaged by that decision. It certainly doesn't change much in the life of United.

Yeah with that sanction as the table stands now would really punish other team's more than United which is not ideal.

I don't know if they can place any further sanctions besides a fine and if they do it would probably be challenged legally [emoji2368]

Something would have to be done.. Violence, destruction of property etc etc is not a protest that's just hooliganism and that is something that must not rear its head in the sport again.

And Premier league fans should not forget what unchecked hooliganism cost not just them as clubs but more importantly the lives of 39 people and countless injuries..

If you want to protest fine. Protest with your wallet.. Don't buy tickets don't buy merchandise don't subscribe to any of their paid content. But this kind of crap they pulled yesterday is not the way forward.

Edited by Gen

Don’t forget that hooligans will use any opportunity to vandalize, whether they believe in the protest or not.

They tarnish the brush that all [insert clubs and country] are painted with.

Don’t forget that hooligans will use any opportunity to vandalize, whether they believe in the protest or not.

They tarnish the brush that all [insert clubs and country] are painted with.

They need to put a stop to it and fast.

I remember the Oppheimer stadium disaster very clearly too. Early 90' think it was 91.. We had an athletics meeting there a day or two after the Incident.. There was so much blood on those stands it was terrible.. Something I'll never forget.

Preseason friendly between Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates (I still don't know why they played it here) over crowding the fans weren't seperated and then the fans weren't happy about a goal being awarded. What followed was I think 40 something deaths.. Terrible.

I also don't know why they hell they allowed that athletics meeting to be held so soon after the incident... We quickly went from yaay we get to run and jump on a fancy track to absolute shock it was quite traumatic for me as I was 12 at the time.

We can't go back to violent scenes again.. Sort it out before it escalates.

Edited by Gen

With all my heart and soul i hope this materializes. He says he has the funds. Tried to setup a meeting over the wkn which they refused but is trying again.

Brought in some club legends.. But we'll see... One can only buy something if someone is willing to sell it..

With all my heart and soul i hope this materializes. He says he has the funds. Tried to setup a meeting over the wkn which they refused but is trying again. 

Is he going to pay the players GBP0.00000000000003 per appearance?

It's utter bollox.

Kroenke is carved from the same material as the Glazers. He's not going to sell.

As a caveat, I can't stand Arsenal and generally wish them the very worst.

But good luck in the Thursday night final (if they get there).

Sure police may be able to identify some protestors and sure some may be banned..

It's one thing protesting but another thing completely when it results in any sort of violence.

Not sure if you've ever heard of the place called South Africa, The above is a daily occurrence and full time job for some.

Preseason friendly between Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates (I still don't know why they played it here) over crowding the fans weren't seperated and then the fans weren't happy about a goal being awarded. What followed was I think 40 something deaths.. Terrible.

I think you're talking about the Ellis Park disaster in 2001.

Stadium capacity was 60 000, At the time of kick off there were already double that total in the stadium and still 10s of thousands outside. It was the fans outside who forced their way in when the game kicked off and this lead to a stampede essentially where over 40 people were killed.

Two seasons or so ago at CT Stadium, CT City were playing Kaizer Chiefs, they only had tickets available for 35000 and all those tickets were sold, When the game kicked off, the thousands of fans outside the stadium forced their way in causing a massive delay and game had to be restarted.