Football

IceCreamMan

I think you're talking about the Ellis Park disaster in 2001.

Stadium capacity was 60 000, At the time of kick off there were already double that total in the stadium and still 10s of thousands outside. It was the fans outside who forced their way in when the game kicked off and this lead to a stampede essentially where over 40 people were killed.

Two seasons or so ago at CT Stadium, CT City were playing Kaizer Chiefs, they only had tickets available for 35000 and all those tickets were sold, When the game kicked off, the thousands of fans outside the stadium forced their way in causing a massive delay and game had to be restarted.

They should simply have given Liverpool a 3-0 win.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is wondering why the United fans are protesting against the Glazers, I think the Super League is just a crumb in the loaf of bread.

Follow the thread below and it will explain the all the fans unhappiness.

If anyone is wondering why the United fans are protesting against the Glazers, I think the Super League is just a crumb in the loaf of bread.

Follow the thread below and it will explain the all the fans unhappiness.

Yep, the unhappiness has been going on  a while.

Not the first time the green and gold scarves etc.  have been on display either. 

I think you're talking about the Ellis Park disaster in 2001.

Stadium capacity was 60 000, At the time of kick off there were already double that total in the stadium and still 10s of thousands outside. It was the fans outside who forced their way in when the game kicked off and this lead to a stampede essentially where over 40 people were killed.

Two seasons or so ago at CT Stadium, CT City were playing Kaizer Chiefs, they only had tickets available for 35000 and all those tickets were sold, When the game kicked off, the thousands of fans outside the stadium forced their way in causing a massive delay and game had to be restarted.

Nope.

So many people don't even know about it.. Maybe cause it happened in the sticks I donno why..

https://www.kaizerchiefs.com/news/30th-year-oppenheimer-stadium-disaster/

Edited by Gen

The ironic thing is that all those fans who want new owners don't realise that those new owners will also want to make a return on investment and maximise profits. Something like out of the frying pan into the fire.

Sometimes its better the devil you know than you don't know.

FSG aren't perfect but I wouldn't swop them for a Wealth Fund, such as City and PSG. Then we start talking about human rights issues etc.

The ironic thing is that all those fans who want new owners don't realise that those new owners will also want to make a return on investment and maximise profits. Something like out of the frying pan into the fire.

Sometimes its better the devil you know than you don't know.

FSG aren't perfect but I wouldn't swop them for a Wealth Fund, such as City and PSG. Then we start talking about human rights issues etc.

And they'll still want the new owners to spend €100m on Sancho[emoji102][emoji1787] and 180m on Haaland..how they must make the money up is not their problem but they want those players at all cost.. That at all cost is more debt.. Sigh.. The fifa playing fans eh?

But football is not about the money.. It's a about the fans .. [emoji6]

Edited by Gen

But football is not about the money.. It's a about the fans .. 

Very true! 

Special one at Roma from next season

Ooh my son is not going to be happy.. Not one bit.

As suspected my son is not happy his biggest concern is that Jose will ruin the very talented young ones and halt the progress of their youth . Also Roma don't spend big.... So weird.

Think this is a risk TBH new owners want a big name splash?

One thing Jose.. Don't mess up Zaniolo or Pellegrini's progress.

“The incredible passion of the Roma fans convinced me to accept the job and I cannot wait to start next season."

Also, does he realise that the Roma fans whilst passionate won't fall for his deflection BS crap either..

https://www.asroma.com/en/news/2021/5/club-statement-jose-mourinho

Weird just weird.. 2021 eh?

Edited by Gen

I was dumbfounded when I found out he is going to Roma!!! 

That's another storied team about to bottom out, for the life of me I don't understand why these teams queue up so willingly to pay him compensation.