#Enduro wheelset

Adr!@n

Hey guys

Hoping someone can give me some insight here. I have 3 options for a wheelset for my Trance. 

Needs: Boost, approx. 30mm internal width and they need to be able to take a decent beating.

1. WTB Frequency i29 on ECC 618 hubs (built with DT spokes, I think)

2. Kore Realm 3.0 on ECC 618 hubs (built with Alpina spokes)

3. Raceface Aeffect R wheelset (have to confirm freehub option on this one)

The ECC hubs have a 5° engagement and the Raceface hubs are 9.2°. And the ECC hubs come with XD and Shimano freehub bodies.

I don't know what I should go for but I'm leaning towards the WTB/ECC build. Anyone else here got any input?

I just don't dig the Frequency decals, but I could have others made or run them with no decals.

Edited by Adr!@n

I'm in the market for some wheels too. Could you share prices?

I can't share prices on the ECC builds, but I'll PM you the Raceface stuff

I picked up a pair of dt swiss m502 rims on bike 24 for my trance. I built these onto the standard giant rims. 30mm 28 hole, so far so good. I paid about R750 a rim but the rand has lost a bit since then. I'm pretty heavy and they touch wood i haven't dinged or damaged them over the last 12 months.

I’d always throw Spank into the mix. Rims are excellent and hubs are bombproof. CWC also have flow mk3 on special for the next day or so and they are proven.

https://www.on-lynecomponents.com/collections/wheels/products/amp-30-alloy-wheelset-27-5-boost

Your are not going find any better wheelset in this enduro class / price class than the Lyne AMP 30.

These are super strong, light and the guys are Lyne are brilliant in supporting with any issues if they should arise. The company that makes there hubs also makes hubs for loads of other brands, like DT swiss who also make hubs for loads of brands.

I bought a set of FLOW stans at CWCycles, fantastic wheels strong but heavy...regret not going for the Lyne.

Local is lekker!

Hey guys

Hoping someone can give me some insight here. I have 3 options for a wheelset for my Trance.

Needs: Boost, approx. 30mm internal width and they need to be able to take a decent beating.

1. WTB Frequency i29 on ECC 618 hubs (built with DT spokes, I think)

2. Kore Realm 3.0 on ECC 618 hubs (built with Alpina spokes)

3. Raceface Aeffect R wheelset (have to confirm freehub option on this one)

The ECC hubs have a 5° engagement and the Raceface hubs are [/size]9.2°. And the ECC hubs come with XD and Shimano freehub bodies.[/size]

I don't know what I should go for but I'm leaning towards the WTB/ECC build. Anyone else here got any input?

I just don't dig the Frequency decals, but I could have others made or run them with no decals.

Edited by MDK!

I’d always throw Spank into the mix. Rims are excellent and hubs are bombproof. CWC also have flow mk3 on special for the next day or so and they are proven.

Seems like the cost is my prohibiting factor on the Spank stuff.

Of those 3, the Kores oor the WTB's get my vote. Both exceptionally strong, and those ECC hubs seem good.

If I were buying new, myself, I'd get the LYNEs. Fantastic value.

How was the enduro this weekend?

WTB seems good. Haven’t read anything good really about RaceFace wheels (heavy and not strong for their weight), well any of their products.

Loved it. They didn't have enough potjie tho.

Lekker ????????

Hope it went better than last year

Lekker ????????

Hope it went better than last year

Ja, but it was only 2/3rds of the climbing of Esel. Esel is next month, and I'm not gonna be able to do it this year unfortunately. Next year, though, it's definitely on the cards.

I can't share prices on the ECC builds, but I'll PM you the Raceface stuff

Thanks for that info, I think I'm gonna go with the RaceFace. Solves my problem within my budget.