[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

How does the parking work? Its my first CTCT. We coming through from George but staying in Sommerset West. Late start at 09h36.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Park in a parking garage and your car will be safe and there will be toilets.CTICC usually have a raceday special price for parking and close enough to start/finish

Maybe they have never thought about it. It would make things a lot less complicated. Suggest it to them.

Wonder what the reason is for all the funny groupings.

The groups(if a team is considered a group) for DC, Maluti are numbers.

It's to try and make the start chutes easy for everybody from 2A down. Those holding pens keep the same letter for the morning and then they just increment the number as they load the next batch of participants.

1M and better are different as they all load up along the path to the starting line.

Pretty good system IMO as once you understand it you'll never need a map or have to ask for directions.

Any formal news on re-seeding, do we wait till registration or can we already engage with Racetec?

No worries, seems that PPA / Racetec did it automatically, got a new seeding for the CTCT

No worries, seems that PPA / Racetec did it automatically, got a new seeding for the CTCT

Where you see new seeding? Mine still show old events

Woooha, I can see the new seeding showing for my 2019 CTCT event on Racetec :). I can also see the update if I use my phone to check (http://seeding.cycletour.co.za/riderseeding.aspx) - but using my laptop still shows the outdated 2018 seeding - weird. The update seems to exclude Tour De PPA and Cyclosportif #2

If the new Racetec seeding is correct I've moved up to 1C  :w00t: Time to start investigating drastic actions on how to stick with the bunch up the hills ... chopped seat-post, drilled crank arms, get my daughter to man the feedzone with the second water bottle. Going to be interesting 10 days  :D

Woooha, I can see the new seeding showing for my 2019 CTCT event on Racetec :). I can also see the update if I use my phone to check (http://seeding.cycletour.co.za/riderseeding.aspx) - but using my laptop still shows the outdated 2018 seeding - weird. The update seems to exclude Tour De PPA and Cyclosportif #2

If the new Racetec seeding is correct I've moved up to 1C  :w00t: Time to start investigating drastic actions on how to stick with the bunch up the hills ... chopped seat-post, drilled crank arms, get my daughter to man the feedzone with the second water bottle. Going to be interesting 10 days  :D

Check the url on laptop, might end with 2018 not 2019...

Mine not changed, will give day or so, maybe they doing events one by one.. so Sportiff #1 show?

Check the url on laptop, might end with 2018 not 2019...

Mine not changed, will give day or so, maybe they doing events one by one.. so Sportiff #1 show?

Cool, yes! That was the issue - seems the browser was caching the redirect to 2018. If I enter the full URL:

http://seeding.cycletour.co.za/findme.aspx?ss=2&eid=2019

... it shows the latest events and new seeding on the laptop. The latest two events aren't yet included, should be about the same seeding for me on those though.

Cool, yes! That was the issue - seems the browser was caching the redirect to 2018. If I enter the full URL:

http://seeding.cycletour.co.za/findme.aspx?ss=2&eid=2019

... it shows the latest events and new seeding on the laptop. The latest two events aren't yet included, should be about the same seeding for me on those though.

Cool.. hopeing Tour Ppa will bump me up a bit

You be fine in 1C. I was 1B last year and you are a lot fitter than I was then. Ok i did get dropped, but that normal

Cool.. hopeing Tour Ppa will bump me up a bit

You be fine in 1C. I was 1B last year and you are a lot fitter than I was then. Ok i did get dropped, but that normal

My wife got a new seeding because of the Tour de PPA, so it is already in the system I think.

Apparently the reseeding is only automatic for PPA members, but might need conformation on that?

Possible, as we are PPA members

Apparently the reseeding is only automatic for PPA members, but might need conformation on that?

Correct

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So, things changed and I might be able to come down to do the CTCT, but I have no official entry. I understand the official substitution process closed on Monday, but does anybody know whether there is any chance of a last minute substitution process at registration?

So, things changed and I might be able to come down to do the CTCT, but I have no official entry. I understand the official substitution process closed on Monday, but does anybody know whether there is any chance of a last minute substitution process at registration?

Check the online entries. Was still open last week

I'm PPA member

I'll give it a day, then drop them email asking for clarification .. might just be I belong in 1F :)