One Tonner 2018

Tjommie

Anyone have any idea if the PPA will seed riders according to their seeding whether they are PPA members or not?

For the WCE all non PPA riders were put in the very last "Temp" group regardless of your seeding on their site. I managed to pay R50 extra to get seeded for the WCE, So wondering if I will have to pay the extra R50 again for a seeding or will I be shafted to the very last start group being the "Temp" group?

Edited by FootballingCyclist

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any idea if the PPA will seed riders according to their seeding whether they are PPA members or not?

For the WCE all non PPA riders were put in the very last "Temp" group regardless of your seeding on their site. I managed to pay R50 extra to get seeded for the WCE, So wondering if I will have to pay the extra R50 again for a seeding or will I be shafted to the very last start group being the "Temp" group?

Seeding is a PPA membership benefit as I have it.

So expect to be shafted.

In the same boat. I'll probably pay the R50 for a seeding.

I'm down 30 penalty points anyway for not doing ppa races last 3 yrs.

No complaints, will enjoy the race

Hi everyone,

Just spoke to the folks at the PPA. Seeding cost is covered in the entry fee, so no need to pay extra. You'll be seeded with the PPA members. No TEMP group then.

Same year? I somehow survived this suicide train

I think we were even more possessed this year - we went away up the second climb. A four man group with 70kms to go. You way up the odds, pretty much realise that it's fruitless, and go for it anyway... I think we caught the subvets just outside Malmesbury.

anyone looking to flog their entry?

can still enter at pre-registration if you dont come right...just not on the day of event.

It was announced at killarney last night that the 1 Tonner will most likely start 30mins earlier than previously advertised if they get traffic officials to agree to this.

Obviously for the heat and to get everyone off the road earlier

The message above is a message I received from a mate.