One Tonner 2018

Tjommie

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm there. Desperately looking for some form. I fully expect to explode into a thousand bits at about 120kms, and then spend about 3 hours lying in a ditch until I regain the courage to limp home to the finish.

https://youtu.be/f2SPhXdGK6s

Sounds a bit like Declan. ????

I'm there. Desperately looking for some form. I fully expect to explode into a thousand bits at about 120kms, and then spend about 3 hours lying in a ditch until I regain the courage to limp home to the finish.

I'll be joining you, Please make sure the ditch is big enough for both of us, Also, bring some food!! LOL

I'll be joining you, Please make sure the ditch is big enough for both of us, Also, bring some food!! LOL

Misery loves company - the more the merrier in the ditch!

I won't need food though - I'd have eaten all my bar tape while biting down on the handle bars for 3 hours!

Now the decision is where to ride, or to phrase it differently - where do I end up in a ditch? Ride in B and the ditch might be halfway up Helshoogte. Ride in D and I might make Botmaskloof Pass...

We missed the boat with a team entry, so will be starting in M on Sunday, bit of a lie in I guess... 

Could be even further down, like T/X

Were do we find what batch we will be starting in , I checked Racetec the entry is there but nothing listed about start group 

Misery loves company - the more the merrier in the ditch!

I won't need food though - I'd have eaten all my bar tape while biting down on the handle bars for 3 hours!

Now the decision is where to ride, or to phrase it differently - where do I end up in a ditch? Ride in B and the ditch might be halfway up Helshoogte. Ride in D and I might make Botmaskloof Pass...

Sorry I don't buy this "I'm so out of form" hogwash :devil: ... Remember how you TT'd away from B bunch up Helz 2 years ago and stayed away for the whole 160km... 

Were do we find what batch we will be starting in , I checked Racetec the entry is there but nothing listed about start group 

its a PPE event, so you rock up on the morning, they check your seeding and give you a sticker with that seeding.

Sorry I don't buy this "I'm so out of form" hogwash :devil: ... Remember how you TT'd away from B bunch up Helz 2 years ago and stayed away for the whole 160km... 

I just did my longest ride since Baviaans - a whole 120kms - this past weekend, and I still feel shattered. I'm hoping that OneTonner is my DC wakeup call!

its a PPE event, so you rock up on the morning, they check your seeding and give you a sticker with that seeding.

Yip no helmet no ride

Don't forget your PPE

Look up your seeding on the PPA website, they will probably use the PPA seeding index for starting groups.

I see Durbie Dash got a nice positive beta  :devil:  So my B-seeding is sorted for the rest of the season despite getting dropped in the first 15 minutes of the race

PPA ONE TONNER REGISTRATION: 

Wednesday 24 October 2018 – Tygervalley Sportsmans Warehouse – 12h00 until 18h00

Thursday 25 October 2018 – Rondebosch Sportsmans Warehouse – 12h00 until 18h00

EVENT START TIMES
170 km teams @ 06h30
170 km @ 07h00
40 km @ 08h00
109 km @ 08h30

Weather looking like a fiery 37 degrees on Sunday  :devil:

That will work off the xmas cake!

You guys starting as a group or solo?

Archived