Road World Champs 2018 Austria

Shebeen

We all have to come up with a way of watching pro cycling that allows it to be pleasant for us.

My semi ignorant "innocent until proven guilty" approach works for me - your "they're all guilty so it's mostly an equal race" approach works for you.

There is no right answer as long as we enjoy it!

Valverde made my mouth taste bitter as all hell but I'll happily keep watching. No system is perfect :-)

hahahaha I had the same sensation watching the Waugh/Warne/McGrath cricket team... They were ghastly but absolutely brilliant.

Just thinking about it gives me restless legs!

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he rides Lombardia

Think his is going to have a brilliant 2019.

I just want him to win something again.

2nd now in TT, 2nd in TDF, 2nd in Giro...

sigh

They just aren't consistant though..

I have no issues with people having opinions..we've had this discussion that people like some riders more than others, it is nature and we look past some riders indiscretions but not so much other rders...and that is fine because that is the nature of life...but a journalist should do better.

And are doping transgressions not as bad now than then because it isn't blood doping or EPO, is legally doping by abusing the TUE system okay because there isnt a rule that says you shouldn't any different to using EPO 20 years ago because there wasn't a test for it back then, or riders missing tests at critical times okay because it was only their first or second miss for the year so that is cool.. or hell even getting away with missing 3.

It really is okay for fans to see things like that because we naturally we have favourites etc and I have really no issue with that at all.. but I have a problem with journalist adopting that approach... in my opinion it is no different the the fox vs CNN "reporting" on political issues...

Anyhow that is just my opinion. And I will no longer rant about that..because...The race just deserved better.

You were ok for them to carry on about Froomes Salbutamol stuff when it was news. We just get upset and moan when it’s our hero in the crosshairs. It’s human nature.

The problem with Valverde is that he sticks out like a dirty thumb in cycling.

Words like EPO, Operation Puerto, Fuentes, Omerta etc are directly linked to Valverde - he is a leftover blight in cycling that should have been cleansed years ago.

He never admitted, never gave up his sources, never apologised, never "made up" for his actions. It was just business as usual.

Froome, Impey, Wiggins and the modern day "grey area" cyclists pale in comparison to the junk Valverde and his generation got up to.

There is no doubt the man is an amazing cyclist and impressive sportsman - the problem is that he is smothered in a haze of unanswered questions and suspicion.

In a time where cycling is supposed to be renewing and hope is in the horison Valverde pulls us back into a murky past we thought we had dispensed with.

Valverde riding in the current pelaton is like having PW in current government.

Valverde riding in the current pelaton is like having PW in current government.

On that note, Cyril was around as a pretty radical dude in those days too.... 

You were ok for them to carry on about Froomes Salbutamol stuff when it was news. We just get upset and moan when it’s our hero in the crosshairs. It’s human nature.

They reported on the issue of his tests in detail for month but there were fewer opinion pieces in those months compared to the last few days.

They reported on the issue of his tests in detail for month but there were fewer opinion pieces in those months compared to the last few days.

Like I said, we justify it when it suits us.

On that note, Cyril was around as a pretty radical dude in those days too....

But remember, he fought for the right side, so it’s ok.

On Woods: Wouldn't it be fairer to say he will be making races sticky seeing he happens to be from Maple Syrup country???

Just asking for a friend.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

hell no Joe, a canadian can definitely "light it up"

Craft-Cannabis-Association-of-BC-image2-

hell no Joe, a canadian can definitely "light it up"

Craft-Cannabis-Association-of-BC-image2-

Didn't realise that Cape Town was a part of Canada. :whistling:

Archived