Makro Cannondale

Eugene

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am considering buying this Trail 5 as I would like to get into riding. I'd like to do easy to moderate trails, a few jumps here and there to get the heart racing.... Is this really not a bike you guys would suggest?

I could also get this GT Avalanche bike for around R6000 brand new from someone I know:

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/gt-avalanche-sport-29er-mountain-bike?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzoTX-67W3QIVTbHtCh1fxwwIEAQYASABEgJz3vD_BwE

Is it worth paying the extra R1500 or is it far too similar to the Cannondale in which I might as well go for?

I am considering buying this Trail 5 as I would like to get into riding. I'd like to do easy to moderate trails, a few jumps here and there to get the heart racing.... Is this really not a bike you guys would suggest?

I could also get this GT Avalanche bike for around R6000 brand new from someone I know:

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/gt-avalanche-sport-29er-mountain-bike?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzoTX-67W3QIVTbHtCh1fxwwIEAQYASABEgJz3vD_BwE

Is it worth paying the extra R1500 or is it far too similar to the Cannondale in which I might as well go for?

yes it's definitely worth saving 1500 and going for the cannondale with that you could buy your kit or some upgrades for the cannondale like Tubeless.

Not worth it tbh.

Straight steerer head tube, 9mm qr dropouts will all just add to your woes. Plus the frame is from 2015/16? Meaning geometry is outdated and you’ll just be throwing good money after bad.

Just look for a 2nd hand bike in that price range and sell it at minimal loss again when you want to upgrade.

Outdated geometry.

Love it when that term gets then around willy nilly.

Omnico (the authorized SA Cannondale dealers) have asked that we share the following statement from them regarding the Makro deal:

"Please be informed the Cannondale Bicycles currently being advertised and sold by Makro stores in South Africa have been imported without the approval or license of Omnico (Pty) Ltd. As such no guarantee or warrantee in respect of such bicycles will be honoured or fulfilled by Omnico (Pty) Ltd.

In terms of Section 25 (2) of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008, Makro are obliged to clearly indicate to the consumer, in all advertising and point of sale, that this is the case.

For more information on our range of Cannondale Bicycles please go to www.cannondale.co.za"

Omnico scared of competition,maybe they will jack up their years of crap service and don’t give a damn attitude .

Not worth it tbh.

Straight steerer head tube, 9mm qr dropouts will all just add to your woes. Plus the frame is from 2015/16? Meaning geometry is outdated and you’ll just be throwing good money after bad.

Just look for a 2nd hand bike in that price range and sell it at minimal loss again when you want to upgrade.

Do you think the man on the street cares.

(2) A person who markets any goods that bear a trade mark, but have been imported without the approval or licence of the registered owner of that trade mark, must apply a conspicuous notice to those goods in the prescribed manner and form.

Is Omnico the registered owner of the Cannondale trademark? Or are they the official distributor?

Methinks they are taking a bit of a leap with the interpretation of the CPA.

(2) A person who markets any goods that bear a trade mark, but have been imported without the approval or licence of the registered owner of that trade mark, must apply a conspicuous notice to those goods in the prescribed manner and form.

Is Omnico the registered owner of the Cannondale trademark? Or are they the official distributor?

Methinks they are taking a bit of a leap with the interpretation of the CPA.

Cannondale are the owner of the trademark.

Pretty sure Omnico have taken the issue up with Cannondale in the US.

They would have to be careful that they dont throw their toys too much, Cannondale US may just give the distribution to Makro, massive retail footprint with huge chequebook.