Jumping lights

Andreas_187

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either way, the fact that these stories spring (so freshly) to mind, its a sad state of affairs

Agreed. Its terrible regardless of where it happens.

I think the fact that there is a common denominator between the PPA and the Table Mountain Bikers club, probably gives the CPT incidents greater exposure.

I heard an apt/funny thing on a podcast this morning. The guy was talking about why his friend had moved from road to mtb. 

He said if something goes wrong on the road, its the drivers fault. If something goes wrong on a mtb trail, its all your fault... 

Same reason I switched over to mtb. 

Yet, on the 3 km road between my place and the trails a car still managed to take me out.

As for crossing intersections, I go when it's clear and safe, regardless of what the traffic light's colour is. 

Same reason I switched over to mtb. 

Yet, on the 3 km road between my place and the trails a car still managed to take me out.

As for crossing intersections, I go when it's clear and safe, regardless of what the traffic light's colour is. 

So you shoot red lights if there are no cars coming?!  :ph34r:

I spotted a young dude cycling to school yesterday, he started to jump the lights and I asked him to please not jump the lights as I get rashed by people on twitter about it. He stopped and waited with me. (You just need to know how to appeal to people!) :P

I spotted a young dude cycling to school yesterday, he started to jump the lights and I asked him to please not jump the lights as I get rashed by people on twitter about it. He stopped and waited with me. (You just need to know how to appeal to people!) :P

Did you then proceed to casually ride next to him chatting all the way to the office?

i was on my way home not school

Wait, you don't?

I'm pretty anal about this sort of thing. I am certainly no saint, but I drive really slowly and am generally super cautious about everything on the road.

As a driver and a cyclist. 

Arrive alive and trust no one are my road user mantras!

Got schooled a bit earlier than he was expecting. 

Close to my office, is a primary school. The school is on the corner of a T-junction. It is mind boggling to see people skipping the Stop signs, where others are dropping of their children.

Archived