Giro d'Italia 2019

ScottCM

So Tommy decided to throw in the towel after all.

Probably a wise call

Indeed, lets hope we see him in July

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Tom Dumoulin (BOH) has abandoned the race. Kristijan Koren did not start this morning, so a peloton of 171 riders is now on the road."

Did he change teams as well?

Edit. Never mind, they fixed it now. Hopes he gets better for the other grand tours.

Edited by Gr3mlin131

So Tommy decided to throw in the towel after all.

Probably a wise call

Damn shame. was hoping for a proper arm wrestle when the race got to the mountains. Bernal gone and now Tommy D. Wonder what the rest of the race holds! 

Damn shame. was hoping for a proper arm wrestle when the race got to the mountains. Bernal gone and now Tommy D. Wonder what the rest of the race holds! 

Could make the TDF more exciting of Bernal returns for that!

"Koren was riding for the Cannondale team at the time, while Bozic, whose 21 wins include a stage of the 2009 Tour of Spain, rode for Astana. "

What, ASTANA involved, I am shocked! #Sarcasm

"Koren was riding for the Cannondale team at the time, while Bozic, whose 21 wins include a stage of the 2009 Tour of Spain, rode for Astana. "

What, ASTANA involved, I am shocked! #Sarcasm

And JV's Cannondale.....

Sjoe... for all the talk of a cleaner sport, there is still so much baggage out there in the peloton.

I see Christian Knees was up near the front again on stage 3. He must have been pro for 15 years or more... One wonders what sort of knowledge these 'old timers' are carrying with them

Time Gap will be taken at 10km out today for the GC riders, not 3km like normal. Must be a direct influence from Tommy D's crash yesterday. 

there's not much on TV that's more 'sweaty palms' than watching a cyclist descend a hill on wet roads

Time Gap will be taken at 10km out today for the GC riders, not 3km like normal. Must be a direct influence from Tommy D's crash yesterday.

It’s a risk management strategy for the GC riders under these wet weather conditions, allowing the spring trains to get to work unhindered.

All about safety yeah. ⚠️