CSA fining members for riding choc mtb

Furbz

Why, are you going to volunteer?

I've already offered my services to him to help with any graphics required for the CGC website...

And I help a lot with my running and waterpolo clubs administration, so can't unfortunately stretch myself much further.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do people still take our CSA licenses ?? Just asking :ph34r:

If I got a 1 month sanction and a fine from them i'd still be laughing my head off.

:devil:  :devil:

Funny how its the keyboard warriors asking about who's volunteered.

Some of these keyboard warriors have done more for cycling in SA than you will ever know. 

I've already offered my services to him to help with any graphics required for the CGC website...

And I help a lot with my running and waterpolo clubs administration, so can't unfortunately stretch myself much further.

This is applicable to many people here.

It was not the lack of volunteers that stopped CSA from paying our insurance.

The mismanagement of funds cannot be blamed on the lack of volunteers. CSA is yet to take responsibility for this.

Maybe if they do, and you stop blaming the people who's money was wasted, there would be more interest to volunteer to help them. 

They didn't have the money to pay the insurance... and it's funny how we're all so angry about this, but not a single person claims to even want the insurance. 

Last I checked the chairman resigned... is that not taking responsibility. You obviously want someone else out... so spit it out. 

Where are CSA blaming anyone for their issues? They don't have money, largely as a result of losing lotto funding. ASA was pointed out as having a great website, well, let me tell you, it's one of very few things they do get right - ask Anne Ashworth, heck, ask anyone in athletics. And look at their financials - imagine the poo they would be in without the R15mil plus in grants they get from all and sundry every year.

You are also right, Graeme Jofffe's book will be a cracker, but I fear you will be very disappointed when CSA barely make the fine print.

Where did CSA blame cyclists for their situation? I must have missed the press release

Volunteered ????? whats that?

Ask riders in your area to give 1 to 2hrs of their time to help clean single track that they ride.... nadda niks.

And no we want people to Volunteer for CSA :-)

They didn't have the money to pay the insurance... and it's funny how we're all so angry about this, but not a single person claims to even want the insurance. Why didn't they have the money? It was paid by the members? Insurance is part of your membership, it didn't come from Lotto. Why did they lie about it?

Last I checked the chairman resigned... is that not taking responsibility. You obviously want someone else out... so spit it out. ​If it makes you more comfortable to attribute my observations to some sort of personal vendetta, then do that, just know that you are wrong.

Where are CSA blaming anyone for their issues? ​They aren't, you are making excuses for them. They don't have money, largely as a result of losing lotto funding. ASA was pointed out as having a great website, well, let me tell you, it's one of very few things they do get right - ask Anne Ashworth, heck, ask anyone in athletics. And look at their financials - imagine the poo they would be in without the R15mil plus in grants they get from all and sundry every year.

You are also right, Graeme Jofffe's book will be a cracker, but I fear you will be very disappointed when CSA barely make the fine print. He told me that they feature.

Where did CSA blame cyclists for their situation? I must have missed the press release: They didnt you and Diesel seem to spew this narrative. 

Why are you so reluctant to place ANY sort of blame on their administration? 

My memory is a bit fuzzy..but didn't they say they couldn't pay insurance because they paid salaries ..like i said fuzzy so I can be completely wrong here.. but i swear I remember reading that

Edit..this is in response to your response on AS post..

Do you ever answer questions? Or just deflect everything?

They didn't have the money because things weren't properly managed or allocated. It's blindingly obvious there were not proper accounting procedures in place. 

You're the one demanding change, so spit it out who you want out. The chairman is gone from the time, who do you want next? Or do you not know?

I'm not impressed with the situation either, but like I have said numerous times this idea of just burning everything down for the sake of it is ludicrous. There are lots of good people doing good things - root out the bad apples for sure, but nobody can point out any that are still there. We're just slinging mud at the organisation as a whole and hoping something will stick.

I look forward to the book... friendly wager they aren't in the same ball park of corrupt as the other federations and Olympic committees etc?

I hold everyone accountable, that's what I am doing with you right now... I'll ask again, who else should we be holding accountable at CSA, and why? 

My memory is a bit fuzzy..but didn't they say they couldn't pay insurance because they paid salaries ..like i said fuzzy so I can be completely wrong here.. but i swear I remember reading that

Exactly as I remember too.

Is Gotty Hansen still alive? He ruled CSA(and whatever it was called then) for many years. Many people moaned about him then and what was happening then.

I bet those people wish he was back. Compared to what is happening now, CSA was like a well oiled machine then.

He was at 2 Gauteng East meetings, in 2016. I haven’t been to a meeting in 2 years, so not sure if he’s involved or not, anymore.

Question: who at CSA gets paid? How much? Because every operational post (like team mechanic) that I see advertised states it’s a voluntary post.

Do you ever answer questions? Or just deflect everything? Which questions do you want answered. 

They didn't have the money because things weren't properly managed or allocated. It's blindingly obvious there were not proper accounting procedures in place. GREAT!! YAY, you finally admit it. Who mismanaged these funds?

You're the one demanding change, so spit it out who you want out. The chairman is gone from the time, who do you want next? Or do you not know? The ones who mismanaged the funds.

I'm not impressed with the situation either, but like I have said numerous times this idea of just burning everything down for the sake of it is ludicrous. There are lots of good people doing good things - root out the bad apples for sure, but nobody can point out any that are still there. We're just slinging mud at the organisation as a whole and hoping something will stick. Only person to have left is the chairman, was he the only bad apple? If not then its not a matter of slinging mud at good people. Its putting pressure on the bad ones.

I look forward to the book... friendly wager they aren't in the same ball park of corrupt as the other federations and Olympic committees etc? ​I know they aren't in the same league some of the other federations, but I care about cycling, there are plenty of people who care about athletics and rowing. we pick our battles. 

I hold everyone accountable, that's what I am doing with you right now... I'll ask again, who else should we be holding accountable at CSA, and why? Again, the people who mismanaged the funds and lied about being covered when we were not.

"a leopard can’t change its spots" - Let's not forget that CSA wanted to kill off PPA to get their grubby hands on the lucrative Cycle Tour. 

Eyy, finally back on the smarter forum. I don't think the majority of mybb users understand your posts of references to cycling there - different clientele mostly.

They didn't have the money to pay the insurance... and it's funny how we're all so angry about this, but not a single person claims to even want the insurance. 

Last I checked the chairman resigned... is that not taking responsibility. You obviously want someone else out... so spit it out. 

Where are CSA blaming anyone for their issues? They don't have money, largely as a result of losing lotto funding. ASA was pointed out as having a great website, well, let me tell you, it's one of very few things they do get right - ask Anne Ashworth, heck, ask anyone in athletics. And look at their financials - imagine the poo they would be in without the R15mil plus in grants they get from all and sundry every year.

You are also right, Graeme Jofffe's book will be a cracker, but I fear you will be very disappointed when CSA barely make the fine print.

Where did CSA blame cyclists for their situation? I must have missed the press release

Coincidentally, besides avoiding the incremental costs of day licenses, the insurance has been the only reason I took out memberships 2 years. The client base for this may be low, but it is there. Just adding this for interest sake.

I'd be interested in meeting most of the active members on this site - putting gestures and faces to posts is fascinating! (edit: ...he says while not taking the time to upload a pic of his own, what a hypocrite!)

Edit..this is in response to your response on AS post..

Exactly as I remember too.

It was exactly this that got people concerned in the first place:

Archived