Sweet potatoes might be so much lower in GI, but hell they are schweet and we are trying to get away from the schweetness ek se. A touch of Olive oil and pink salt.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s realy not worth using this crap on your food. Poor Chines have mutated over the years due massive amounts of MSG, Brakes down liver, kidneys ,eye site Ect

Someone told me that Aromat also affects spelling and grammar if consumed in large quantities.

We buy the garlic woolies baby potatoes, and cover them with aromat....... 

For the world funride, I pack 6, with more or less the same amount of sweet potato, and then aim for 7 hours.....

World fun ride? when and where?

Doesn't aromat contain aspartame or phenylalanine (or some similar toxic substance) in a high enough amount that it is harmful over long term use i.e. a career of cycling?

As far as I know Aromat contains a small metric F***ton of MSG....

It’s realy not worth using this crap on your food. Poor Chines have mutated over the years due massive amounts of MSG, Brakes down liver, kidneys ,eye site Ect

Aromat because it is I like the taste, and it contains salt..... 

And I am no pro, hence aiming for the 7 hour mark. 

Maybe that is why my hearing and eye sight is leaving me.... and I have this boep. Everybody says it is because I drink beer maybe it is the aromat.  

On a more serious note, I have read that it is very bad for you, so my intake is very limited, but i do like the taste. 

Cooking method and duration plays a large role in the GI composition of food.

Making it basic for everyone:

For sustained energy: Medium/Hard water-boiled sweet potato

For rapid energy: Soft baked 'normal' potato

In addition to baby potatoes, I find a bite of cheese every hour can keep you going for ages.

A lot of big alpine climbers take along hard cheese that you can just bite off as you go.

I once did a 180km ride with a guy, about half way we get to the support vehicle and we go for our bags. Everyone gets in gels and fills up their bottles with mixes of who knows what and I get some boiled eggs and potatoes then while stuffing my face I look over and this one dude is lighting a cigarette and sipping on some red wine! 

All I could think of was check out this flippen rock star! (FYI he finished strong to enjoy some more red wine and more ciggies)

Gels are overated and IMO I'm sweet enough as is....

In addition to baby potatoes, I find a bite of cheese every hour can keep you going for ages.

A lot of big alpine climbers take along hard cheese that you can just bite off as you go.

Ek hou van kaas bra...

We buy the garlic woolies baby potatoes, and cover them with aromat....... 

For the world funride, I pack 6, with more or less the same amount of sweet potato, and then aim for 7 hours.....

Those baby ones from Woolies are awesome