• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After trying various gels, farbars & dates we've settled on a banana, protein & buttermilk shake and wors for rides over 50km or where we have a lot of climbing. But take it from whence it comes. 50km on the road is about the limit for a water only ride for me.

I'm quite keen to try the baby spud option though.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Smooth garlic mashed potatoes packed in toothpaste tubes is one of the pros best kept secrets!

Toothpaste tube! Damn, why didn't I think of that. Squeeze and out they pop. Cool idea. :thumbup:

Yesterday I attmpted my second 94.7 Cycle Challenge and tried the weirdest Nutritional Supplement.

A friend of mine gave me three boiled baby potatoes and said I should have them instead of Chocs or race food.

The funny thing is... It was awesome.

What are your thoughts? or weird and wonderful ride nutrition

Two bottles of water for 94.7 should be fine. But thats just IMO.

A large syringe, which also helps with the lumps.

Why bother with the toothpaste tube, when you can syringe direct and give the E bike moaners something to really moan about? Might as well pretend to stab your leg with mash for full effect? I'm sure the podium girls are not fans of the garlic, unless they are French I suppose...

Why bother with the toothpaste tube, when you can syringe direct and give the E bike moaners something to really moan about? Might as well pretend to stab your leg with mash for full effect? I'm sure the podium girls are not fans of the garlic, unless they are French I suppose...

On really long rides I just fill up my Camelbak with the mashed potato moose. Works very well.

Doesn't aromat contain aspartame or phenylalanine (or some similar toxic substance) in a high enough amount that it is harmful over long term use i.e. a career of cycling?

For sure, that stuff is poison, heard of a cyclist that died the other day from this exact thing, he had apparently been using it for ages.

Poor bugger, only 98, sniff, taken so young.....

There is a difference in the GI value of freshly cooked potatoes and cooked potatoes that have cooled down. This is because the starch in the potato becomes resistant and more difficult to digest after being cooked and then cooled. I think you could argue that spuds eaten the day after cooking are actually low GI. Same goes for pasta.

You sound like the expert, STARCHBOY!

As far as I know Aromat contains a small metric F***ton of MSG....

It’s realy not worth using this crap on your food. Poor Chines have mutated over the years due massive amounts of MSG, Brakes down liver, kidneys ,eye site Ect