CWC Online: BLACK FRIDAY 2018 IS HERE!!

CWC Online

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't you link the sale item images to your actual website page so that it makes purchasing easier to find and buy?

This has been pointed out several times before, but they still don't do it. I wanted to see the edge 520 on their website, but if they cannot be bothered, I cant be bothered ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I bought Smoove Chain Lube yesterday...

Sticker price (CycleLab sticker) = R135

Underneath was the old CWC sticker = R120

Website sale price (not BF) = R99

Now for BF, they show RRP = R199, BF Sale Price R99 :thumbdown:

Still a good deal - not sure why they feel the need for the BS.

ya. that is standard practice for any of these "sales".

it's also why i import everything. i'm over the crap we get from local stores.

ya. that is standard practice for any of these "sales".

it's also why i import everything. i'm over the crap we get from local stores.

Agreed, much more variety available overseas and much better pricing

Agreed, much more variety available overseas and much better pricing

even after vat/duties and flippen UPS/DHL shipping. what grinds my gears even more is...you're buying in Europe or wherever at full retail and landing it here for cheaper than retail here (EDIT: Retail minus fake discount). Those stores also get their stock from distributors and pay cost for it etc. Then add their markups and sell it even to us here in the dark continent. Makes you wonder about the local markups.

There are some great deals, and I have always been very happy with the general pricing and staff at CWC. It is one of my go to shops for sure. :thumbup:

But I totally agree about the RRP thing... super annoying! Just like Takealot... and everyone else.

I bought Smoove Chain Lube yesterday...

Sticker price (CycleLab sticker) = R135

Underneath was the old CWC sticker = R120

Website sale price (not BF) = R99

Now for BF, they show RRP = R199, BF Sale Price R99 :thumbdown:

Still a good deal - not sure why they feel the need for the BS.

Marketing? Everyone does it, don't think CWC are the only ones. I have noted on a few websites prices jumping up about a week or so ago, and tomorrow they will be slightly down, but claiming a higher percentage. Meh, you must just know your prices before rushing in with BF tinted glasses.

Take for instance, I just purchased something that I have been watching the price of for give or take 9 months in hope of a BF deal, that deal popped up today and I took advantage of it. If another online store doesn't have the deal I am looking for tomorrow I will be purchasing another set as the price is really really good.

Deals are deals, if you don't like them, then don't buy. 

Can't find the Garmin Edge on your website at that price. Please can you check? I've gone through the pages and searched 'Garmin' and 'Garmin edge'. 

Archived