What glue to use?

BikeisLife

Need some advice, please :clap: 

I pulled the rubber bits off that protect the chainstay and the downtube from my frame to get painted.

On returning, I tried to use contact adhesive to stick them back on, which didn't last too long.

Any advice on what else I can try? The frame is carbon. 

Probably obvious but just in case did you put contact on both sides (clean surfaces essential) wait 20 minutes and then bond.  I'm not an expert on carbon but work with rubber products and off the shelf contact is very similar to what we use for bonding

Probably obvious but just in case did you put contact on both sides (clean surfaces essential) wait 20 minutes and then bond.  I'm not an expert on carbon but work with rubber products and off the shelf contact is very similar to what we use for bonding

Yes it is crucial for contact adhesive to be on both surfaces. It should also be allowed to dry almost completely before sticking down

There is a product called "Sticks like ****"

It indeed does

Local hardware should have - ask them

or some 1mm saint gobain structural glazing tape....you might not ever get it off again though lol

Edited by morneS555

Contact adhesive lasted about a week, but I didn’t put it on both surfaces...

Any direction where to find this tape?

Builders Warehouse sells 3M high strength double sided tape. It is also a clear acrylic tape with red protective layer.

There is a product called "Sticks like ****"

It indeed does

Local hardware should have - ask them

Agree. Have used it in contexts where absolutely nothing else would bond. Remarkable product. But once its on, its on pretty much forever.