Munga 2018 Race news

The Munga

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the wind is blowing in the Karoo like it is blowing in Bloem this morning and it is a headwind, an unpleasant day it will be.

according to the windmast data in sutherland, it is a banging tailwind currently

http://wasa.csir.co.za/web/GraphicsPage.aspx?&Project=6&Rnd=714277

Tracking page show finish distance at 1075 km. 

If he can manage an average of 26km/h till the end ( now after 920 km) then he might just do sub 48 hours. 

It will be super human. 

I'm so hoping for that that. 

average 26km/h.

including climbing Bainskloof pass in that?

Shame, Jan Viljoen off route... 30minutes+ already riding in the wrong direction. Hope he realizes soon as he's not too far ahead of the cutoff

Shame, Jan Viljoen off route... 30minutes+ already riding in the wrong direction. Hope he realizes soon as he's not too far ahead of the cutoff

I think he just spotted a Vosburg bordjie...he's slowing down. Hopefully turned around now

Machine of note!

Agreed this is just phenomenal. Looks like his pushed the rest of the field to do their PB's aswell

I think he just spotted a Vosburg bordjie...he's slowing down. Hopefully turned around now

or a dot watcher phoned him, 

if that happens, it's not Ayoba in my book.

and reduces the fun of watching people get lost.

not sure one can trust the data on trackleaders.

currently it shows

RBekkenk, stopping for 3:32 hours, and going @ 23,4km when moving

HVisser stopping for only 01:57 and going @ 27,5km/h!

that doesn't add up. if he's stopped for less and riding faster he should be out front?

RB will soon start seeing the Matroosberge to his left..Bo-Swaarmoed all the way down to Ceres.

according to the elevation profile

he has 33km to get to the top of Bo-Swaarmoed, and about 550m to climb up there. so a gentle 1,5% rise

not sure one can trust the data on trackleaders.

currently it shows

RBekkenk, stopping for 3:32 hours, and going @ 23,4km when moving

HVisser stopping for only 01:57 and going @ 27,5km/h!

that doesn't add up. if he's stopped for less and riding faster he should be out front?

I think that data refers to since previous WP. And 3:32 hours is actually 0.03.32 hours, i.e. three-and-a-half minutes. 

See Gerald Cele off route going into Loxton - tempted by the main road into town without appreciating Alex's temperament to play with route design  :oops: