Munga 2018 Race news

The Munga

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like a dick pointing this out, but oh well, **** it.

post-41865-0-98051700-1543584073_thumb.png

Gerald Cele took a short cut by missing the offroad section before Loxton. It was probably a mistake, but he should go back and correct it.

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2018-11-30 15-20-35.png

Gerald Cele took a short cut by missing the offroad section before Loxton. It was probably a mistake, but he should go back and correct it.

I went through the replay of that spot earlier and saw he missed it.  Surprisingly he was the only one - in previous years there were more guys who took the short cut, even ones which had been warned about it the year before  :ph34r: 

post-41865-0-93643200-1543584483_thumb.png

So many riders missed the turn just after WP5. For some it was a detour of 40km.

Riders who went a long way before they turned aground:

Nicola Webb

Cecil Munch

Jan Viljoen

Riders who corrected quickly:

Rowan Mckenzie

Heinrich Visser

Dion Guy

I went through the replay of that spot earlier and saw he missed it.  Surprisingly he was the only one - in previous years there were more guys who took the short cut, even ones which had been warned about it the year before  :ph34r:

Still 10 riders to go through there. Hopefully they don't make the same mistake.

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2018-11-30 15-20-35.png

not a dick move at all.

rules are rules, and they need to be absolute.

by missing that he gains an obvious advantage, doesn't matter whether intentional or not.

He should be DSQ

I can't see where he is exactly in the development category, but there is R43k/R12k/R5k prize money so there's money on the line too.

Incredible.  

I rode 50km today at an average of 21.2 - same as Ramses - except he did 1000km prior to that and had 4 hours sleep in 50 hours - I had 9 last night alone in a comfy bed after a nice meal.

That is a very humbling stat for me - the person who starts this race impresses me, those who finish I respect so much - I cannot grasp manner of the win

If not for Carlogs amusing posts, I would not normally follow the Munga - now I can pretend I want to do it

Plenty dots left to watch

If not for Carlogs amusing posts, I would not normally follow the Munga - now I can pretend I want to do it

This is how it starts.  Then you start thinking about it more - "How hard could it be?".  The idea eats away until you start convincing yourself that it's a good idea, and before you know it you're on the start line in Bloem wondering about your poor life choices...

This is how it starts. Then you start thinking about it more - "How hard could it be?". The idea eats away until you start convincing yourself that it's a good idea, and before you know it you're on the start line in Bloem wondering about your poor life choices...

Between this and one of the the FC events I'm very very very tempted

And the fact that I've ridden with Oom Leon and Jugghead Dave telling me all these wonderful stories.

I NEED to do something like this.

Between this and one of the the FC events I'm very very very tempted

And the fact that I've ridden with Oom Leon and Jugghead Dave telling me all these wonderful stories.

I NEED to do something like this.

FC, for sure - life goal.