The Veganism Thread

Odinson

Funny, I was just craving some popcorn as I was getting to the end of the latest post thread, but seeing as I can't find any, I will settle for biltong for the time being.

What I fail to understand is the near militant defense of animals, and the absolute horror at the killing of one for food...part of me gets the gist of the moan, just not enough to make me go vegan. I am not a fan of ill treatment of animals.

What absolutely shocks me though is that unborn babies getting slaughtered in vastly worse ways get no mention...? 

If a woman has unprotected sex, and falls pregnant, it is murder to kill her unborn child, just because the child does not fit in with her lifestyle, and it being her body and all that crap. And don't come with "ja, but what about babies born from rape etc etc". Statistics PROVE that babies aborted for those type of reasons are in the vast minority globally. The large majority of abortions are "convenience abortions".

The day an unborn child is protected in the womb, I will stop eating meat for life, until then, I eat whatever I fancy.

***bring on the hate***

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I was just craving some popcorn as I was getting to the end of the latest post thread, but seeing as I can't find any, I will settle for biltong for the time being.

What I fail to understand is the near militant defense of animals, and the absolute horror at the killing of one for food...part of me gets the gist of the moan, just not enough to make me go vegan. I am not a fan of ill treatment of animals.

What absolutely shocks me though is that unborn babies getting slaughtered in vastly worse ways get no mention...? 

If a woman has unprotected sex, and falls pregnant, it is murder to kill her unborn child, just because the child does not fit in with her lifestyle, and it being her body and all that crap. And don't come with "ja, but what about babies born from rape etc etc". Statistics PROVE that babies aborted for those type of reasons are in the vast minority globally. The large majority of abortions are "convenience abortions".

The day an unborn child is protected in the womb, I will stop eating meat for life, until then, I eat whatever I fancy.

***bring on the hate***

Ja, very funny! I was looking for a religion but then realised I'm not a sheep, so I went with thinking for myself instead. Classic.

I agree with you on abortions, I dont like it one bit. So are you saying that it is wrong to take the life of an innocent being?

***bring on the hate***

stats also show that if you outlaw abortion, it doesn't reduce. It just means that black-market abortions increase, and the mother now has a greater chance of complications.

I don't agree with abortion, except in certain instances. But I'm not going to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body what she wants. Fact of the matter is that sometimes things happen, and unwanted pregnancies are among those things that can happen. Far more supportive of abortion for the right reasons than introducing a kid to the world when you don't want one. I'm more supportive for stricter birth control than abortion, but it's not a one or the other type of thing. 

EDIT: Nice little diversion though, Robbie. Deflecting from the discussion at hand. We're talking about veganism, not abortion. The two are not the same. 

Edited by Cptmayhem

Eldron you keep posting studies that show that most people have no choice in being gay.

That is not what you said in this quote though

So fix this and we can all go ahead and finish our organic kale salads

Done  :clap:

Done  :clap:

For some it's a lifestyle choice - for most it isn't.

Read it once more...

Last time...

Got it now?

***bring on the hate***

So posting pics of meat and saying you want to eat meat on a thread about veganism didn't get the reaction you wanted so you're now wanting to discuss abortion. On a thread about veganism.

/scratches head.

Read it once more...

Last time...

Got it now?

Read it once more...

Last time...

Got it now?

Mkay.

***bring on the hate***

What you talk?

Someone start an abortion thread - it's Friday tomorrow!

It'll be fun to see how all the men who have no wombs tell the people who actually have the wombs what to do with them.

As you always say "What about the children?"

:clap:

Edited by Escapee..