The Veganism Thread

Odinson

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what we call a healthy balanced diet. Nothing new.

I don't think I know any people (present company excepted of course...) who only eat one egg a week, and one steak a month. That's not the general populations view of balanced.

My first impressions of this 'diet' - disclaimer: I haven't read all 47 pages, so opinion is subject to change. 

It tries to cater to everyone by saying to folks "Look, you can still have everything you want, just in different quantities". To me, that is a deprivation diet. Take 100 people and give them a pack of Smarties and tell them: "Only eat two a day". 95% of them are going to sweep the whole pack in a single sitting. Ask those same 100 people whether they have a 'balanced diet and most will say yes' and most will in all likelihood have not. Asking the world population to carefully measure out weights and count calories is not sustainable. Who goes to Spar and buys 14g of cow flesh? And a glass of milk a day? That's straight out of the dairy industry's playbook. 

Just a couple of thoughts. 

Is it just me and my chrome browser that some links don't come up on someones post, but if I hit reply it then appears?

Edit: and subsequently, viewing my reply the link is gone again...

Probably a flash / java update that needs to be installed on your pc / browser. 

Probably a flash / java update that needs to be installed on your pc / browser. 

It's a work pc, so that makes sense that updates are very delayed in being rolled out.

Doing well reducing my animal intake. Glass of milk in the morning and a small piece of meat with dinner. When we take out or go out I’ve been trying veggie or vegan dishes. Lekker man.

Edited by Pieter1