Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out today again on the bike. Think it was about 15km of cycling because I forgot to start Strava and the Elemnt Mini did not gather distance data.

My HR data for the trip:

92c8059df0a116dd816ffaa3bdda1ed8.jpg

The heat caught me off guard. Will try to get to CowHouse earlier in the mornings.

I was caught off guard when I got to my car as I could not hold back the tears.

And again I say I can’t do this without the support and help from my friends here on BikeHub!

Went out today again on the bike. Think it was about 15km of cycling because I forgot to start Strava and the Elemnt Mini did not gather distance data.

My HR data for the trip:

The heat caught me off guard. Will try to get to CowHouse earlier in the mornings.

And again I say I can’t do this without the support and help from my friends here on BikeHub!

Brilliant ????????????????????????????

Looks to me like the stats of a young fit cyclist  :thumbup:

My HR data for the trip:

My HR data for the trip:

You know what they say.... If its not on Strava, it didn't happen....

Well done on your 12 km  :ph34r:  :D

You know what they say.... If its not on Strava, it didn't happen....

Well done on your 12 km :ph34r: :D

True. Will rather use Strava. The Wahoo Elemnt Mini is the ultimate letdown Edited by Cois

So I found out what a beta blocker does....

It keeps me from killing myself!

Beta blocker

b9f025df9164599ccfdf8f12512f9227.jpg

Non Beta blocker

764d1dc0a9316df03e5cfda1d29e991c.jpg

Do not know how I missed the beta blocker this morning, but at one stage I was looking for the way back to the car.

Stopped a while under a tree and limped home.

Was not a very fun experience

Ya no, a beta blocker helps keep your HR in check. Those are quite important  :rolleyes:

As soon as I started I knew I was in for trouble.  Just getting the bike of the car raised my pulse to 140.  But I had to get out today.  Took a bit of footage as well, but somehow made a mess of the whole cycling and being followed.  Will see if I can work with it a bit.  

Keep fighting.......your spirit is an inspiration. This whole thread is an indication that you are not alone.

I shouldn't be posting this as you don't need negativity, but I kinda need to. My sister passed last night.

So sorry to hear this - what awful news

Had a very bad weekend. Have been excreting a rather unusual amount of blood.

Been feeling it as I am drained. After the CowHouse attempt I got on the couch and fell asleep.

Yesterday, my wife had a class for an exam next week, or this week, and I slept most of the day.

Just got back from the hospital for my bloodwork to be done, and seeing the doctor tomorrow and getting chemo tomorrow as well.

When I got home a few minutes ago I saw that a fellow warrior has fallen this morning. So she can rest now.

Sorry for my language but I ******* hate cancer and I am so angry and sad at this stage!

Why this bloody disease is still a problem and killing good people left and is an enigma!

I'm really sorry to hear that things are tough once more! Something that has been bothering me lately and I'm sure you've read every conspiracy theory out there, hell I imagine that it was probably mentioned on here as well. Have you heard any correlation between "c" and sugar and what's your thoughts? 

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-03-evidence-strong-sugar-cancer.html  

We just hear lately lots of people suddenly contracting the decease and it just lead me to think what has changed between now let's say the last 20 years? Has the amount of sugar consumption increased by any chance? I think the answer to that question is a definite yes. 

I mean by looking at the stats posted not to long ago the numbers are shocking: 

https://businesstech.co.za/news/lifestyle/331389/heres-how-many-south-africans-are-overweight-according-to-discovery/?source=newsletter

I'm not saying this is the silver bullet to beat this thing, I'm merely speculating and trying to find answers for something so far out of my wheel house its not even funny  :eek:.

Snip

Edited by RobertWhitehead

I'm really sorry to hear that things are tough once more! Something that has been bothering me lately and I'm sure you've read every conspiracy theory out there, hell I imagine that it was probably mentioned on here as well. Have you heard any correlation between "c" and sugar and what's your thoughts? 

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-03-evidence-strong-sugar-cancer.html  

We just hear lately lots of people suddenly contracting the decease and it just lead me to think what has changed between now let's say the last 20 years? Has the amount of sugar consumption increased by any chance? I think the answer to that question is a definite yes. 

I mean by looking at the stats posted not to long ago the numbers are shocking: 

https://businesstech.co.za/news/lifestyle/331389/heres-how-many-south-africans-are-overweight-according-to-discovery/?source=newsletter

I'm not saying this is the silver bullet to beat this thing, I'm merely speculating and trying to find answers for something so far out of my wheel house its not even funny  :eek:.

We carry radiation emitting devices in our pockets all day. Live in a world where it is around us 24/7.

I hear you on the sugar consumption but that's been around for decades......

Of bigger concern would be the increase in processed foods.

I do believe sugar can feed and existing cancer though. But leading to it, I am not convinced

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Agreed, I know way too little about the subject matter to sound even remotely knowledgeable  :). I mean I literally read two articles and now I'm already drawing my own conclusions  :w00t:

Snip