Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

Cois do you know which Biological product they are using ?

Possibly "Enbrel" ?

Super expensive stuff !!  But truly a new lease on life for many people !!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cois do you know which Biological product they are using ?

Possibly "Enbrel" ?

Super expensive stuff !! But truly a new lease on life for many people !!!!

Chris, they started me on Avastin for 4 rounds.

It is still very expensive. Think in the region of R35000 per session. But know there are some crazy expensive treatments out there. If this helped a bit I want them to cut out the tumor. If it did not work, I still want them to cut out the tumor.

It is much better than the other treatments. Erbitux nearly killed me. 5FU nearly killed me. Just glad the doctor spotted that my liver was being damaged and stopped the treatment. And glad that the medical aid also requested a MRI to see if it was working.

The only side effects this far, is a very upset tummy, nose bleeds and burning eyes. But that is it. I limited my food intake yesterday to help settle my tummy.

Every day I check in this thread and every day I wish I had a clever answer or magic wand.

I don't want to say I'm desperately sorry for you Cois because we know that doesn't really help anyone, but dammit I wish with all my being you catch a few breaks and that soon you'll be leaping and bounding out the other side of this.

I'm really rooting for you champ.

I'm in the same boat as you  :thumbup:

Every day I check in this thread and every day I wish I had a clever answer or magic wand.

I don't want to say I'm desperately sorry for you Cois because we know that doesn't really help anyone, but dammit I wish with all my being you catch a few breaks and that soon you'll be leaping and bounding out the other side of this.

I'm really rooting for you champ.

Cois, you have got bigger balls than me!

You chin up attitude is incredible.

I have a few minor health issues this year in comparison to yours and I am fully ready to clutch out.

I found something cool today: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2676WuBJA6Fn26Z7tgfaLQ?si=YKdg8EcGRSm2mPJc-In30A - Strava has a podcast on Spotify and this one is quite motivational

Edit:

The last story is very good!

This was the inspiration of what happened today...

I got my fat behind on the bike and did the 11km of CowHouse!

a4e557db6ebd78e094268ef1ef7a4778.jpg

Might not seem like a lot, but was monumental for me. At 6 km’s I started getting a huge headache, but pushed on to complete the 11km. Was glad to see the shade as the sun was a little warmer than expected.

I spotted this as well

b204793e7cdecda63c70df84456cf659.jpg

I needed to get out. Had been house bound from Sunday due to the headaches caused by the chemo meds. And it was either that or murder that I was contemplating. So feeling lots better. Will have to get out again.

This was the inspiration of what happened today...

I got my fat behind on the bike and did the 11km of CowHouse!

a4e557db6ebd78e094268ef1ef7a4778.jpg

Might not seem like a lot, but was monumental for me. At 6 km’s I started getting a huge headache, but pushed on to complete the 11km. Was glad to see the shade as the sun was a little warmer than expected.

I spotted this as well

b204793e7cdecda63c70df84456cf659.jpg

I needed to get out. Had been house bound from Sunday due to the headaches caused by the chemo meds. And it was either that or murder that I was contemplating. So feeling lots better. Will have to get out again.

Brilliant! Cycling and... dark chocolate FTW. This post has made me sooo happy ????????????

I've been watching this thread with interest as my sister was diagnosed around the same time you were. I can relate to your experiences as I have seen her go through similar things.

Keep going..............keep on your bike.................it seems as if all is right for you.

Sadly my sister is not going to make it.

I've been watching this thread with interest as my sister was diagnosed around the same time you were. I can relate to your experiences as I have seen her go through similar things.

Keep going..............keep on your bike.................it seems as if all is right for you.

Sorry friend. My thoughts are with you and your family.

So sorry to hear this :(

Cancer is so random. 

Good to hear you got out. Maybe even a endorphin or 2 :)

Thinking of you.