Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

I've been watching this thread with interest as my sister was diagnosed around the same time you were. I can relate to your experiences as I have seen her go through similar things.

Keep going..............keep on your bike.................it seems as if all is right for you.

Sadly my sister is not going to make it.

So sorry to hear about your sister.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching this thread with interest as my sister was diagnosed around the same time you were. I can relate to your experiences as I have seen her go through similar things.

Keep going..............keep on your bike.................it seems as if all is right for you.

No! I don’t know what to say. I am so sorry. I hate cancer!

Sorry to hear, I should remove my "like" to your comment, it was just a gesture my feelings are with you.

Cois, you are an inspiration and make us appreciate every little bit that I have.

I wish there is a way to give you a little bit of my strength and health.

Sorry to hear. Strength and peace to you and your family mate..prayers are with you all

Real sorry to hear this! Nothing I can say will make the pain any better, all the best during this difficult time

This popped into view again today for me. Every time I read it I think, yeah, and then, there’s even less candy. It’s for all of us.

MY SOUL HAS A HAT

-- Mario de Andrade --

I counted my years and realized that I have less time to live by, than I have lived so far.

I feel like a child who won a pack of candies: at first he ate them with pleasure but when he realized that there was little left, he began to taste them intensely.

I have no time for endless meetings where the statutes, rules, procedures and internal regulations are discussed, knowing that nothing will be done.

I no longer have the patience to stand absurd people who, despite their chronological age, have not grown up.

My time is too short: I want the essence, my spirit is in a hurry. I do not have much candy in the package anymore.

I want to live next to humans, very realistic people who know how to laugh at their mistakes and who are not inflated by their own triumphs and who take responsibility for their actions. In this way, human dignity is defended and we live in truth and honesty.

It is the essentials that make life useful.

I want to surround myself with people who know how to touch the hearts of those whom hard strokes of life have learned to grow with sweet touches of the soul.

Yes, I'm in a hurry. I'm in a hurry to live with the intensity that only maturity can give.

I do not intend to waste any of the remaining desserts. I am sure they will be exquisite, much more than those eaten so far.

My goal is to reach the end satisfied and at peace with my loved ones and my conscience.

We have two lives and the second begins when you realize you only have one.

No! I don’t know what to say. I am so sorry. I hate cancer!

Keep fighting.......your spirit is an inspiration. This whole thread is an indication that you are not alone.

I shouldn't be posting this as you don't need negativity, but I kinda need to. My sister passed last night.

Keep fighting.......your spirit is an inspiration. This whole thread is an indication that you are not alone.

I shouldn't be posting this as you don't need negativity, but I kinda need to. My sister passed last night.

Sorry friend. 

I am so very sorry. Condolences to you and your family. May you find strength in the difficult time ahead.

So sorry, condolences to you and your family.

So sorry to hear this.

I am sorry for the loss, but as someone with this disease death some days sounds like a relieve.

It might be harsh to put it this way, but your sister is in a better place now. It might hurt for those left behind, but the embrace of death for some brings relieve.

My condolences to you and your family.

So sorry for your loss - my condolences to her family and friends.

Condolences to you and your family.