Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

I think where it is practically possible, one should try and limit all of the mentioned supposed links to cancer.

Like sugar, processed and genetically modified foods, radiation, etc. It cannot do any harm and is healthier.

I also believe that cancer, in essence, is a freak mutation of a cell that was supposed to die off but didn't. That's how my wife's oncologist explained it to me anyway.

How this tie's in with hereditary links to cancer I do not know.

There is still so much we do not know but I also believe we should be closer to, if not already having a cure, for this disease. Unfortunately there is a lot of money involved.

Similar to how Exxon in the 60's spent billions proving the use of fossil fuels led to increases in green house gases. Late 90's that same amount of money, if not more, was and is still being used to disprove and debunk THEIR OWN RESEARCH.

Where money is involved there are no morals. Greed......

Sorry Cois for derailing your thread a bit.

We are all rooting for you and you have at least help raised awareness in this time too......

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sugar can be a cause without a doubt.

We did the banting diet for a year or so, but started using USN products for the protein and diet related matter in their products, but there is also heaps of sugar in it, and growth of the tumor started around that time.

But there is a load of hidden sugars in all the foods we consume these days. Everything has sugar added.

So I will not say that sugar is not a problem. The amount of sugar loaded things in my home right now is shocking.

Had a very bad weekend. Have been excreting a rather unusual amount of blood.

Been feeling it as I am drained. After the CowHouse attempt I got on the couch and fell asleep.

Yesterday, my wife had a class for an exam next week, or this week, and I slept most of the day.

Just got back from the hospital for my bloodwork to be done, and seeing the doctor tomorrow and getting chemo tomorrow as well.

When I got home a few minutes ago I saw that a fellow warrior has fallen this morning. So she can rest now.

Sorry for my language but I ******* hate cancer and I am so angry and sad at this stage!

Why this bloody disease is still a problem and killing good people left and is an enigma!

I can't imagine what it must be like for you and I don't really have the right words  but sending you strength.

USN - tin tin tin  :eek:, culprit found  :D. Just joking - if the only value I can add is to make you smile then I'll be happy  :thumbup:

Sugar can be a cause without a doubt.
We did the banting diet for a year or so, but started using USN products for the protein and diet related matter in their products, but there is also heaps of sugar in it, and growth of the tumor started around that time.
But there is a load of hidden sugars in all the foods we consume these days. Everything has sugar added.
So I will not say that sugar is not a problem. The amount of sugar loaded things in my home right now is shocking.

I didn’t want to say anything earlier but maybe now is OK. I do want to share this. My friend Nox died a couple of weeks back. Cois your strength gave me the courage to see her and talk about what she was going through. Honour and thanks to you for that. Rather than what It would otherwise have been, my last memory of her is of a very long, long hug.

I didn’t want to say anything earlier but maybe now is OK. I do want to share this. My friend Nox died a couple of weeks back. Cois your strength gave me the courage to see her and talk about what she was going through. Honour and thanks to you for that. Rather than what It would otherwise have been, my last memory of her is of a very long, long hug.

[emoji22] sorry to hear Gogo.

Seems that cancer is claiming people left and right. As if it is speeding up and treatment does not work at all.

Edited by Cois

.... The amount of sugar loaded things in my home right now is shocking.

while we are off topic ... (anything to get your mind off "c", if only for a few seconds)

When I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes it came as a total surprise !!  Diagnosed during a pre-opp check up.

After the sessions with the dietitian we diced to get rid of all the items on the diabetes "bad list" .... processed food etc etc .... we literally carried BAGS of food out of the house !!

It is just "so handy" in our rushed lives to have processed food allowing for a quick meal .... but we can only wonder what such vast quantities of processed foods have on us in the long run ....

PS - I am NOT blaming these foods for my diabetes .... it may not have helped, but I am fairly certain mine is the classic "life style" cause ..... 

[emoji22] sorry to hear Gogo.

Seems that cancer is claiming people left and right. As if it is speeding up and treatment does not work at all.

It does feel like that... but I have a friend who has done battle with bladder cancer and let’s just say is living in balance with it now thanks to some amazing new treatment that uses theTB bacillus to get the immune system to attack the cancer. Through him I know of many other survivors. Just some days it does feel overwhelming.

Nox never really had a chance because the diagnostics failed her. Which shouldn’t have happened. I feel there’s a GP out there who has some answering to do.Fortunately I don’t know who it is.

It is just "so handy" in our rushed lives to have processed food allowing for a quick meal .... but we can only wonder what such vast quantities of processed foods have on us in the long run ......

This.

And I don’t believe it’s off topic either!

Chemo was halted. I have a 12h00 appointment to get a brain MRI. The doctor is worried about the headaches that I have been having for the past two weeks. So have to get the scan before we can continue.

So I am a bit stressed now. Not a nice feeling when the doctor is worried about your brain.

Had a fever last night and had about 3 hours of sleep. Hope the MRI is quick as I need to be awake for this one

Chemo was halted. I have a 12h00 appointment to get a brain MRI. The doctor is worried about the headaches that I have been having for the past two weeks. So have to get the scan before we can continue.

So I am a bit stressed now. Not a nice feeling when the doctor is worried about your brain.

Had a fever last night and had about 3 hours of sleep. Hope the MRI is quick as I need to be awake for this one

Wishing you strength Cois

In our thoughts Cois. Hoping for and expecting positive news