[Event] Eroica South Africa & NOVA Eroica

Stan Engelbrecht

Event Name: Eroica South Africa & NOVA Eroica
When: 16 March 2019
Where: KWV Gallery, Kohler Street, Montagu, Western Cape, Western Cape
Category: Road

On the weekend of 16 March 2019, one week after the famed Cape Town Cycle Tour, we are celebrating our fourth Eroica South Africa in the beautiful village and surrounds of Montagu. Come celebrate vintage Italian road cycling culture with us - bring your classic racing bicycles and ride with us through the beautiful Karoo around the dirt roads north of Montagu in the Western Cape. For those of you who are into a more modern approach, come and race our enduro-style NOVA Eroica race on your gravel bikes!

Of course there will be great food and wine, and lots of old bicycles to lust over. With South Africa's rich cycling history, we’re proud to have this celebrated Italian event honoured on African soil.

For 2019 we are adding a vintage bicycle concourse, so prepare your most beautiful and rarest old bicycles for display and judging - it’s time to see what South Africans have hidden in their bike collections! Enter soon, and secure your accommodation and dinner bookings - it’s going to be a fantastic weekend.

See you there!

Go to Event Page

hubevents-24615-0-76811300-1543824773_thumb.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Team DJR will be there again and this time we'll bring Team Beattbox along as well. Really looking forward to this event that is now one of the highlights on our cycling calendar  :thumbup:

Edited by DJR

Team DJR will be there again and this time we'll bring Team Beattbox along as well. Really looking forward to this event that is now one of the highlights on our cycling calendar  :thumbup:

Happy to hear it! See you guys there.

This was a tough old pedal this year. Did the Nova and am trying to persuade my trusty steed that next year will be just as fun. But jeepers, I need more legs or a bigger cassette for the first climb.... probably both!!

This was a tough old pedal this year. Did the Nova and am trying to persuade my trusty steed that next year will be just as fun. But jeepers, I need more legs or a bigger cassette for the first climb.... probably both!!

The second time will be a breeze!

..........For 2019 we are adding a vintage bicycle concourse, ...........

Is it open for all participants to enter their bikes if they want? Cool idea. From what I have seen there in the past, there will be some amazing gems. May just spit & polish mine a bit! 

Is it open for all participants to enter their bikes if they want? Cool idea. From what I have seen there in the past, there will be some amazing gems. May just spit & polish mine a bit! 

Yes, anybody (even non-riders) can enter as many bikes as they like (within reason) into the concourse.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for this! Entered and accommodation booked.

Any news on the Saturday night festival?

Hi Karate Monkey. We 'll be sending out a newsletter with dinner booking information in the next few days. 

Accommodation all booked. Bikes ready. This year the aim is to dress more authentically also. Couple of caquettes arrived from Italy after almost 4 months lost in the SA Post office dungeons. Newly made leather strip helmets came out really well. Two pairs of knitted gloves still missing in transit. Still short 1 cool retro jersey. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Karate Monkey. We 'll be sending out a newsletter with dinner booking information in the next few days. 

Thanks Stan, we booked for the dinner too! :)

Dinner booked! :thumbup:

Still looking for 2 more pairs of retro cycling shoes. Size 43 / UK 8 or thereabouts. In case anyone has some lying around the garage. 

Man, this is on my list of events, but I'm not gonna swing it this year. 

That Zeus of mine has not seen any action for a while now. Been focusing on MTB for an upcoming event.