Cannondale Warranty Issue. I need advice.

JohanDiv

Considering that the damage occurred between 2 shift ramps, can OP or BikeAddict confirm that the chainring bolts next to said shift ramps were torqued correctly.

If not torqued correctly, it would lead to a certain degree of flex. Based on OP's legs, there is lots of power pushing down on the crankarms. Power + Flex on the chainring = Bent chainring.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on OP's legs, there is lots of power pushing down on the crankarms. Power + Flex on the chainring = Bent chainring.

You forgot to use comic sans [emoji23]

I know you also said you wont engage on any hub forums from now on. If you do decide to engage, try to do a spell check. It just looks professional...

Internet gold. I love grammar nazis that knacker the grammar in the very sentence they moan about knackering grammar.

Internet gold. I love grammar nazis that knacker the grammar in the very sentence they moan about knackering grammar.

You sure are getting the best out of the Internet  :thumbup:

Edited by Escapee..

Not the kind of service that would encourage me to make bike addict my local shop.

In fact a wide berth would be more like it.

R100k customer vs some chainrings,seems a no brainier for me .

I think this is indicative of what some shops think service is,bicycle or other .

Edited by Pikey

You sure are getting the best out of the Internet  :thumbup:

I'm easily pleased  :clap:

There has to be some Internet theory around the chance of making a grammar mistake being way higher when you call out other people on making grammar mistakes. It happens far more often than it should.

can't we just go back to bashing Cannondale/Ominco?

i wont buy another Cannondale or any other brand from Omnico if i can avoid it.

not sure if it was Omnico or Cannondale really.

if something goes wrong (my frame cracked, then the replacement frames lug came loose) you will be without a bike for 50% of a year and to top it off  you'll end up with a bike colour you never wanted.

by contrast, i had a warranty issue with my LOOK 586 - 1 week later i had a replacement frame land in the country for me.

can't we just go back to bashing Cannondale/Ominco?

i wont buy another Cannondale or any other brand from Omnico if i can avoid it.

not sure if it was Omnico or Cannondale really.

if something goes wrong (my frame cracked, then the replacement frames lug came loose) you will be without a bike for 50% of a year and to top it off  you'll end up with a bike colour you never wanted.

by contrast, i had a warranty issue with my LOOK 586 - 1 week later i had a replacement frame land in the country for me.

Both road bikes?

Bike Addict need a serious crash course in manners and etiquette. They treat their customers like absolute dirt. Surely OMNICO and other suppliers can see the damage that they are doing to the industry?

I will stick my head out on this as well.. visited the shop once. Left empty handed. Will not go there ever again..Attitude sucks big time..

Both road bikes?

Cannondale was a MTB.

Cannondale flash carbon 2. the carbon lugs where the seat stay meet the chain stay have a lug, the glue separated, no cracks, the stay jumped out of the lug.

bike was 2 days old.

i was then told i would get all the blue red and white kit my bike came with built over to a black frame.

i told the store i'd rather take them up on their 30 day month back guarantee.

suddenly there was a frame like mine available.

this took 3 months in total.

the replacement frame cracked right in the middle of the downtube just above where the chainstays meet. a very odd place. in fact for months i thought it was gunk. i only found out it was a crack when giving the bike a proper clean with the rear wheel off.

at this stage i was looking at buying my fathers bike(funny enough a cannondale scapel) from him so i did not fight the fact that the frame would again be black with blue, red and white components.

this took a further 3 months.

in total, i cant be too upset, i did get 2 replacements.

but it destroyed my faith in Omnico in taking so long to assist with the issue, and Cannondale in failing obscurely twice.

Further, imagine if i was not fortunate enough to have another bike to use in the interim? i would have had to twiddle my thumbs for 6 months 

the Look 586 is a road bike.

that developed a crack within a month along the toptube running along a carbon seam - was a very clear manufacturing issue and the local agent did not argue at all. he was brilliant.

further, i was not stranded without a bike for months on end.

Bike Addict, i fear you may have lost more potential business than that chain ring would have cost you. Like the old saying goes, penny wise pound foolish. 

I have spent less and have had better service at LBS' that have never seen me. 

In this case i would have sorted the client out and taken it up with my supplier. You have now instead allowed the flood gates of bad publicity to open. 

Good Luck OP, hope you get this sorted asap

Cannondale was a MTB.

Cannondale flash carbon 2. the carbon lugs where the seat stay meet the chain stay have a lug, the glue separated, no cracks, the stay jumped out of the lug.

bike was 2 days old.

i was then told i would get all the blue red and white kit my bike came with built over to a black frame.

i told the store i'd rather take them up on their 30 day month back guarantee.

suddenly there was a frame like mine available.

this took 3 months in total.

the replacement frame cracked right in the middle of the downtube just above where the chainstays meet. a very odd place. in fact for months i thought it was gunk. i only found out it was a crack when giving the bike a proper clean with the rear wheel off.

at this stage i was looking at buying my fathers bike(funny enough a cannondale scapel) from him so i did not fight the fact that the frame would again be black with blue, red and white components.

this took a further 3 months.

in total, i cant be too upset, i did get 2 replacements.

but it destroyed my faith in Omnico in taking so long to assist with the issue, and Cannondale in failing obscurely twice.

Further, imagine if i was not fortunate enough to have another bike to use in the interim? i would have had to twiddle my thumbs for 6 months 

the Look 586 is a road bike.

that developed a crack within a month along the toptube running along a carbon seam - was a very clear manufacturing issue and the local agent did not argue at all. he was brilliant.

further, i was not stranded without a bike for months on end.

Lesson learnt, don't buy a MTB.